New SDK pics!

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
The last one, your favorite.

It says: Choose an app to show detailed status >PHONE<
Then lower: Choose apps to display quick status >bunch of icons<

What do they mean by detailed status? Is it like

Missed calls, who call, what time they called etc... all in the lock screen?

Oh yea...could be...that's why its on my favorite list. .there are So Many improvements.. I'm super excited...

Sent from my XT910 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

This is the same photo I have the same question about. What is the detailed status? I'm assuming (as Winterfang did) that it shows the person's name, time they called, etc. I realise you might not have the answer, but it is pretty intriguing. I want to try out this new OS already!

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that's pretty cool.

You know what would really be cool?

To put Your groups in there. You see new Facebook/Twiiter statuses directly on your lock screen.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I am actually interested to see the fact that Outlook.com accounts is separated from Microsoft Accounts.
That is interesting, too, I wonder why? An outlook.com account works exactly the same as a Microsoft Account. Wait, it IS a Microsoft Account, isn't it? confused.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
That is interesting, too, I wonder why? An outlook.com account works exactly the same as a Microsoft Account. Wait, it IS a Microsoft Account, isn't it? confused.
The Outlook.com account will probably have full support for aliases, though I guess that can be rolled into the Microsoft account anyway.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
The Outlook.com account will probably have full support for aliases, though I guess that can be rolled into the Microsoft account anyway.

So how different is the Outlook from an MS account? Is it the Live account then?

marbla

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Are there any more WiFi options you can see? I am still waiting for a windows phone that can actually connect to my EAP-TLS work WiFi.

PittaMan

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
The while Microsoft Account vs Outlook account is likely just to differentiate your MAIN Microsoft ID (MSID) vs one used just for email. You can only have one MSID per phone, and that has all your app purchases, XBox live info, etc. I'm willing to bet this is the only difference.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
The while Microsoft Account vs Outlook account is likely just to differentiate your MAIN Microsoft ID (MSID) vs one used just for email. You can only have one MSID per phone, and that has all your app purchases, XBox live info, etc. I'm willing to bet this is the only difference.

And what if they are the same??

As in in have one Outlook account that I want to use for my emails as well as for purchasing and all..so can I do that??

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
^^

Its for the enterprise users. Most businesses have Outlook (work) emails. So your MSFT account could be your personal email account or MSFT account i.e. current hotmail/live account and then you add Outlook account from work that will have encryption, remote access to wipe etc.

Edit: With regards to purchasing, if you logged in using Outlook account you can. But I doubt they will let you login to phone using your enterprise outlook account because it requires the encryption set up, server side.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
And what if they are the same??

As in in have one Outlook account that I want to use for my emails as well as for purchasing and all..so can I do that??
People here talking about enterprise are probably more right than me. If they've separated Outlook.com then you'd just have the Microsoft account as that address and a "separate" Outlook account for mail. This is currently how my accounts work, I have my Live ID as a gmail address and I need a separate Google account for my actual gmail inbox.

If not, it will just be for another non-primary Microsoft account address.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Hum.. I guess that zune pass will completely transform itself into Xbox music around or just before the launch of the devices?

Blackwood504

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
You can use any email address for a Microsoft Account. It doesn't have to be @hotmail, @live, or @outlook. So it is very possible to have myname@yahoo.com or myname@gmail.com as your sign in email for your Microsoft Account and have a Outlook.com email and your main email account.

Microsoft Account Site
When you sign up for a Microsoft account it asks you if you want to use your own email address, which could be anything.

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
any notification pane? Any updates to the me tile? Or what about the calender? Is it useful now?

Calendar looks pretty much the same to me, but I didn't go through all of the text. Here is the in-work version of the Calendar chapter from Paul Thurott's WP8 book

https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

You guys can go see all of the SDK pics here: http://winunleaked.info/threads/698-Windows-Phone-8-0-SDK?p=15221&viewfull=1 You need to register to see them though

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon