Stop the insanity!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Greetings fellow Windows Phone users and prospective users!

I'm here before you today to plead with you on behalf of decency and logic.

When I look in the upper left corner of this page, I see a single logo. It's not OEM-exclusive in any way. It's the Windows Phone Central logo. It was the name that brought me here, because I hoped that it meant I would see a community in singular support for the Windows Phone platform.

By and large, I believe this is true about our membership here. I see many members posting their support for the platform above all else and with no regard to the OEM in question. Sure, we all have our opinions on which phones we like and want to buy next, but first and foremost we are Windows Phone supporters.

There are, however, an increasing number of folks whose entire modus operandi is to spread negativity towards any OEM partner they aren't buying. This is something I cannot stand, and quite frankly it makes me lose respect for those people.

My plea is simple-- STOP THE INSANITY!! We all have our opinions, we all have our preferences, we all have perfectly valid reasons for choosing Nokia, Samsung, HTC, or any other phone. Maybe we're picky about size, weight, color, cost, or features, but at the end of the day we're ALL here for Windows Phone. At least, we should be.

And that doesn't mean we don't have improvements we all want to see either-- we don't need to be sheep like that OTHER platform, but it shouldn't mean attacking each other or other OEMs just because of personal preferences.

Today I counted at least a dozen threads that are more or less the same conversation over and over... and I started to write responses for several before I stopped myself and asked why I was doing that.

I don't want to mention any names, because I'm not here to attack anyone. I just want our regulars here to stop and think before we post. Are you promoting the platform? Are you attacking an OEM? If you're not being constructive, please stop and rethink your post.

There are plenty of jokes to be had at the expense of Apple's iSheep, but the one thing they have that we seem to be missing is a sense of community and promotion. It's one quality that I would like all of us to unite and build on as we enter this holiday season!

Thank you, and may we ALL bring good things to life on Windows Phone! Let the fun begin!

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
There are some pretty defensive people on here. Some people take any negative opinion about an OEM as a personal attack. Personally I think that honest disagreements are constructive. I may not like every windows phone out there but I hope that they all succeed! I can't wait to actually get to hold a Nokia 920 and and HTC 8x to see which one I will be getting... Biggest issue will be waiting until May when my contract expires!

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

Garrett92C

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I completely agree with this, but there is no avoiding the OEM fighting. As someone who has already been through it (long-time Android user), all I can say is try your best to just ignore it. Just be happy that WP is finally getting some amazing hardware to run on. :)

geekmaster

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Greetings fellow Windows Phone users and prospective users!

I'm here before you today to plead with you on behalf of decency and logic.

When I look in the upper left corner of this page, I see a single logo. It's not OEM-exclusive in any way. It's the Windows Phone Central logo. It was the name that brought me here, because I hoped that it meant I would see a community in singular support for the Windows Phone platform.

By and large, I believe this is true about our membership here. I see many members posting their support for the platform above all else and with no regard to the OEM in question. Sure, we all have our opinions on which phones we like and want to buy next, but first and foremost we are Windows Phone supporters.

There are, however, an increasing number of folks whose entire modus operandi is to spread negativity towards any OEM partner they aren't buying. This is something I cannot stand, and quite frankly it makes me lose respect for those people.

My plea is simple-- STOP THE INSANITY!! We all have our opinions, we all have our preferences, we all have perfectly valid reasons for choosing Nokia, Samsung, HTC, or any other phone. Maybe we're picky about size, weight, color, cost, or features, but at the end of the day we're ALL here for Windows Phone. At least, we should be.

And that doesn't mean we don't have improvements we all want to see either-- we don't need to be sheep like that OTHER platform, but it shouldn't mean attacking each other or other OEMs just because of personal preferences.

Today I counted at least a dozen threads that are more or less the same conversation over and over... and I started to write responses for several before I stopped myself and asked why I was doing that.

I don't want to mention any names, because I'm not here to attack anyone. I just want our regulars here to stop and think before we post. Are you promoting the platform? Are you attacking an OEM? If you're not being constructive, please stop and rethink your post.

There are plenty of jokes to be had at the expense of Apple's iSheep, but the one thing they have that we seem to be missing is a sense of community and promotion. It's one quality that I would like all of us to unite and build on as we enter this holiday season!

Thank you, and may we ALL bring good things to life on Windows Phone! Let the fun begin!
Bravo :excl: Now that was very well said. Now can someone please make this man a moderator?

TJWINS

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Bravo! Well said my friend! I agree 100%. This is about Windows Phone not the OEMs. By attacking a WP8 OEM you are also attacking Windows Phone. Let's be positive and support the platform first.

JamesBondage

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Don't worry. I guess it's just some overexcitement before the big launch of WP8. There's lots to talk and speculate about until people get their hands on the devices and can decide for themselves which one suits best. When everybody has the phone of their choice, they'll be one big family battling the other platforms again. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital