You excited about the MS ecosystem?

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
BB10 looks decent and in all honesty BB7 device did a lot better than WP7... I prefer WP over BB but I wouldn't count RIM out.

BTW this thread is nothing but flamebait

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
lol confused me with the thread edit.

I'm super excited for WP8/WP8!!!! wooo

lol selling off my 3 bold 9900's and 2 playbooks lol

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
BB10 looks decent and in all honesty BB7 device did a lot better than WP7... I prefer WP over BB but I wouldn't count RIM out.

BTW this thread is nothing but flamebait

Guy made like three treads attacking Crackberry forum posters. I was doing a very detailed reply to one of them and it was just gone.

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Why not? The MS ecosystem has only 1 issue, which are apps. Solve that, and MS has a very good ecosystem on their hands. Outlook is great with a good UI, Skydrive works out well (just need to fix the data appeal process), Bing is a viable alternative to Google, Nokia's added apps for WP8 are great especially in location, and all in all I like the Modern UI for touch devices.

There's the major pitfall of W8 failing on traditional devices though. But if MS can convince the public to use W8, who knows?

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
There's the major pitfall of W8 failing on traditional devices though. But if MS can convince the public to use W8, who knows?

Thankfully there is a fallback to the "classic" mode for the unwilling.

I am really excited for the WP8 and Windows 8 Tablets. It is ages ahead of Apple and Android.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Every noob I have shown W8 Preview to have gone gaga over it. They can't wait. Just like me.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Excited for wp8? Yep. Excited for windows 8? Not so much. Heck, I'm still on XP.
I skipped over Vista & W7. Been XP only for a decade. Have W8 Preview on my office machine and 8 year old notebook (both previous XP machines). Speed is significantly better. Interface is beautiful. Just like with WP. Try it, you'll like it. Picking up a new i5 (i7) box tomorrow to replace my ailing desktop. Add in my Surface RT (on 10/26) and XBox w/Kinect, and I am there. WP8 will have to wait till spring though. Already over my tech budget.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I sure am, getting a Lumia 920 and a Surface RT as soon as possible here in Finland and I'll most likely use the 40$ Windows 8 upgrade offer when I get the Surface as well (and if I'm eligible which I understood I should be).

So it's all about the Windows ecosystem for me soon! I don't have an XBox though, I don't understand why play on consoles in the first place.

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't have an XBox though, I don't understand why play on consoles in the first place.

The Xbox for me is the one I am not buying into as well for different reasons. I personally use a PS3 because of the Blu-Ray drive and the fact that in Asia, PS3 games are still more interesting compared to the Xbox selection.

Still, one can understand the media center argument, with smart glass and all that.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Why not? The MS ecosystem has only 1 issue, which are apps. Solve that, and MS has a very good ecosystem on their hands. Outlook is great with a good UI, Skydrive works out well (just need to fix the data appeal process), Bing is a viable alternative to Google, Nokia's added apps for WP8 are great especially in location, and all in all I like the Modern UI for touch devices.

and that I can't link my two accounts!

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The most important thing for Microsoft, is making sure i can buy an app on my phone, and that same app can then be downloaded to all my other MS devices for free, like iOS.

What would be a massive improvement over iOS, is if i could get a cross (MS) platform price. IE, on iOS, iPad and iPhone apps are charged seperately (obviously i have the option of downloading the iPhone app onto the iPad). If MS could allow me a single purchase, that will buy all versions of an App (phone, console, PC, tablet) for cheaper than buying all seperately.

MS have already shown skydrive being used to sync content between platforms of an app, this NEEDS to be in every single first party app/game.

Done right, MS have the chance to take what has been previously done by iOS, and do it on a far larger scale. With the millions of xboxs out there, and potential millions of Windows 8 PCs, it should be easy.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I am ready for WP8 and W8. Probably won't be able to dive into any new hardware until next fall though. Upgrade is next November and already have an Android tablet, but could give that to my boyfriend if I save up enough for a pro tablet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes