Developers and Windows Phone 8

diapers

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
We've been ready for 3+ months. They still have no SDK, it's funny because big news coming from all the surface reviews are "looks great, no apps". WP8 is going to be "looks great, same old wp7 apps"

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Everytime!

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMU0tzLwhbE[/YT]

Whenever MSFT launches anything and I think developers.

I really want all these developers to rise from the dead for Windows 8 and create the magic they did a decade ago. ****! I've got my spare laptop prep'd for cracking on with development myself!

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I've got a few games and apps I've made with the WP7 SDK on my computer right now. I'll be finishing them up for Windows Phone 8 for sure!

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Interesting that this took place at a Sprint conference, of all places. Plus, the following quote was VERY interesting as well:

"It’s possible that Sprint is holding any further announcements until the official release of Windows Phone 8 at the Oct. 29 Microsoft event in San Francisco. The same may hold true for Samsung, which has already unveiled devices that will run WP8."

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
We've been ready for 3+ months. They still have no SDK, it's funny because big news coming from all the surface reviews are "looks great, no apps". WP8 is going to be "looks great, same old wp7 apps"

The SDK was given out to a ton of developers. It's just not publicly available until launch.

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm working on a WP7 app right this very second. There's no WP8 SDK yet, so that's a bit disappointing. I'm patiently waiting for it to release!

Of course, WP7 apps will work with WP8, so nothing is being lost, it's just not advancing as quick as it could because of the yet-to-be-released SDK.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes