There's no WP for me...

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
50GIG of music? A bit excessive? I mostly have my mp3 files on a CD and listen to them in my car. **** it sound better.:)

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a large music collection, but that idea is mostly becoming obsolete with things like X-Box music pass. I only have 8 GB of storage on my WP7 phone, and pretty much listen to whatever I want on Zune Pass.

And size and look and feel are things that I can only satisfactorily determine by holding one in person. As excited as I am for WP8, which handset I choose will be decided in the at&t store.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Who the **** needs immediate access to 50 gigs of music? I have like 5000 metal songs and I can happily put 20 gigs worth on my device and switch it up when I get bored. The syncing is easy. Quit being so prissy.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

sherwin892

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I think the iPhone 5 is a TERRIBLE form factor. Ugly *** phone.

IMO the phone is far from ugly aesthetically speaking, however it feels brittle and soft. Read: break me off a piece of that kit kat bar anyone?) And because it feels so fragile, it defeats the purpose of functionality and how one should handle a cell phone. I don't want baby my phone but clearly Apple wants to control it's users.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I like having immediate access to the exact song I'm in the mood to listen to, but the cloud is solving the issue that we don't need to carry every song on our devices.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

helios_

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Syncing 20GB of music takes a long time. I do lots of walking and I never know what I will feel like.

The reason I have so much is because I rip in 320kbps mp3, which I consider a good upper bound for sound quality that I can actually appreciate.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I rip in 320kbps mp3, which I consider a good upper bound for sound quality that I can actually appreciate.
I'm in the process of re-ripping my CDs to 320kbps. It's as good as it gets on an .mp3 file and the better sound quality is very noticeable compared to 128kbps or 160kbps.

helios_

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
My thoughts exactly. I tried lossless for a few cds, but really couldn't tell the difference on my headphones. 320kbps mp3 seems like a good compromise.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon