Post your Home Screen and Color Theme

Naser Harif

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
My god, I F&^(*&()& LOVE 8.1.
I LOVE the wide tile and i HATE the small ones, now i can make it all work.
Iv been playin aroud ALOT, and came up with 2 i really like.
2j3pbvd.jpg

23sxfue.png

I use the wide tile because it gives me the information I want. Last Email, Last message on Whatsapp, Last message on Facebook, whats hot on Youtube or what happend on Facebook, I just love it :)

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Well, alot has changed since I last put up the last screenshot and given the release of wp 8.1 dev preview - I couldn't wait for the public release lol. Previously I had 42 apps pinned all apps i use on day to day basis (38 small and 4 medium), after a few hours use with that layout.. It felt cramped and I wasn't really doing myself any favours with static tiles (having a dynamic start screen is more eye catching for potential windows phone converts :p)

So I decided to evaluate my app usage and recent app usage since the dev preview release. so without further ado this is my current start screen.
DeviceShot130420743344655624.jpg

This will evolve over time (hopefully everyone adds the ability to have the start screen background to show behind the tiles as opposed to having solid colours).

More info:
The screenshot was embedded in a nifty app called device shot :).
Also for those who are wondering the calendar app is simple calendar with the "wayne" wide tile bought via in-app purchase.
The original background is also attached / below for those who want it :D
Blue Dragon Symbol 768x1280 768x1280 free wallpaper.jpg

Beckie Evans

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Here is mine. Very simple information-wise, but I like the photographic nature of it:

wp_ss_20140416_0004.png wp_ss_20140416_0005.png

I'm loving the 8.1 preview, not least because of the option for start screen backgrounds. Although I'm still primarily using Skinnery Themes, I like that the background enables those tiles Skinnery couldn't work with to match the rest of what I have going on, and I still get all my live tile notifications! :)

grininja

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
What about that feature Daniel was talking about, that you can save the versions of start layout..? It will be very useful. I'm playing with extra third row now. And if I revert to two columns... oh, the mess!

thundr51

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
What about that feature Daniel was talking about, that you can save the versions of start layout..? It will be very useful. I'm playing with extra third row now. And if I revert to two columns... oh, the mess!

Curious about this as well, want to do some experimenting but don't want to destroy what I already have.

Beckie Evans

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
What about that feature Daniel was talking about, that you can save the versions of start layout..?

go to your system settings --> backup --> apps+settings. the first option there is a toggle for settings backup, which says, "save browser favourites, your start screen layout... etc." I don't think it gives you the option to save multiple start screen layouts, just the one you have now in case of some catastrophe, but I might be wrong.

Mooshywooshy

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Wow some really cool start screens here!

I went ahead and took the plunge into 8.1 on my 920. Had to take all the tiles off and put em back on! But its nice because its less cluttered and I don't have to scroll so much :p
WP_20140416.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes