So is XBOX Music like Spotify or Not?

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I posted a master list of problems with XBOX Music that I hope people chime in on to share their experiences. But right now, I would love to simply be able to create a playlist for streaming music for it to appear among my 4 devices, a la Spotify. I can't get it to work. Doesn't matter if I create the list on my PC, Surface or XBOX, it will not appear in the "cloud." So I almost have to create separate lists...not good.

Any workarounds yet?

Getintothegame

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
How odd. I have a playlist that shows up on my Windows Phone 8 that I created on my Surface. I'm not sure about Xbox, but last time I tried on the console, it didn't show up.

Curious if there's just an issue with syncing to Xbox or what.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I have created playlists on Surface and my Windows 8 desktop computer and they show up on my Nokia 920. I had a Nokia Lumia 900 and used Spotify because Zune Music Pass didn't work well at all on my phone. It had long delays between song, up to a minute, and frequently would skip to another track in the middle of a song. Xbox Music on the Lumia 920 has been working very well and I have not had any problems. One issue I had with Spotify is it would not recognize songs downloaded to my phone that were not in Spotify's catalog.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Playlists appear on all devices, regardless of which one you create it on.

I do nothing but streaming on Windows Phone and Surface, and the playlists I create out of major albums all appear perfectly on my WP.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I sure would like to see how you created your streaming list...all I see is a ton of old playlists and some that I never used...I wish we could directly clean out our MUSIC cloud...

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
From my Lumia 920, I search for an artist in the Store, find the artist, tap their album, tap "play" on a track, then hit "..." at the bottom and tap "Save As Playlist." Then I name the playlist, and blammo -- it's in the list!

EDIT: I am a Zune Pass/XBox Music Pass subscriber, FYI.

theprawn

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Have you checked to make sure library synchronization is enabled in the Windows app(s)?

For me, playlists are synchronized as expected with only a few exceptions. (Some of my music isn't on their cloud, so that obviously doesn't work. Mote troubling, I've got a couple albums that are in the cloud but won't sync to my phone--some sort of licensing glitch support can't resolve)

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Have you checked to make sure library synchronization is enabled in the Windows app(s)?

For me, playlists are synchronized as expected with only a few exceptions. (Some of my music isn't on their cloud, so that obviously doesn't work. Mote troubling, I've got a couple albums that are in the cloud but won't sync to my phone--some sort of licensing glitch support can't resolve)

Interesting Thing...I made a playlist (for streaming content) on my XBOX and then on my Surface...my XBOX, Surface and Phone all see the lists now yet my two PC's do not.

I was making a new list on my Surface today, I'd find the album, scroll from the bottom up to get the menu, add to the playlists and it would often add the LAST album I added again and not the current one. Getting a little frustrating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes