myAuto WP8 app

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys quick question, my Red 920 is coming on Monday but i'd like to know if the app myAuto is available for WP8. Can someone do a quick search for me? And what happened to WP7 apps being compatible with WP8?....

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
MyAuto ($2.99) is available in the store according to my 920.

WP8 has an entirely new kernel and different minimum/maximum resolution specs than WP7, so any WP7 app would have to be re-written or updated for WP8 compatibility. MS didn't release the SDK until like two weeks before the phones shipped, so devs haven't had a whole lot of time to update. Patience is the key to enjoying WP8 - we're seriously early adopters here.

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
The version that is currently available in the Store works on m Lumia 920 without any problems. Just make sure you backup your existing data.

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys. Have y'all restored your data without problems? I tried with dropbox but I get an error as if the link was still in html format instead of the direct file. -_- Help?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
MyAuto ($2.99) is available in the store according to my 920.

WP8 has an entirely new kernel and different minimum/maximum resolution specs than WP7, so any WP7 app would have to be re-written or updated for WP8 compatibility. MS didn't release the SDK until like two weeks before the phones shipped, so devs haven't had a whole lot of time to update. Patience is the key to enjoying WP8 - we're seriously early adopters here.

This is not entirely true. The part about the new kernel is true, and the part about the SDK not being released (except for a select few devs) until WP8 launch day (10/29) is true. For the most part, WP7 apps do NOT have to be rewritten or updated at all. I didn't make a single change to any of my apps and they all work in WP8. Microsoft is recompiling them for WP8. But for a small percentage of the apps (whatever the definition of small is, who knows?) there are changes needed. But for the most part, no action on the part of the developers is needed at all.

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
how did you get the direct link?

On the Main Menu tap Settings then slide to Setup2. Select SkyDrive for Backup location. Tap Back.
On the Main Menu tap Backup/Restore and sign in to your SkyDrive account. Once you are signed in tap Full Backup for the first time. For subsequent backups you can select Full Backup or Incremental Backup.

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
On the Main Menu tap Settings then slide to Setup2. Select SkyDrive for Backup location. Tap Back.
On the Main Menu tap Backup/Restore and sign in to your SkyDrive account. Once you are signed in tap Full Backup for the first time. For subsequent backups you can select Full Backup or Incremental Backup.

Many thanks. I hate dropbox.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes