Data Sense

onggeo

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I haven't bought a WP8 yet since none is available here in the Philippines. (though eyeing an HTC 8S) I just wanna now if anyone has tried Data Sense on an unlocked version of the phone since most phones here are bought unlocked. I read that Data Sense should be supported by the carrier, I doubt the carriers here in the Philippines would spend resources on making that possible, but can I still use it as a stand alone data counter like the counter app by Nokia?

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Datasense doesn't seem to be implemented anywhere but Verizon in the US.

The Nokia counters app isn't available on WP8 at present either, so we have no easy way of knowing how much data we are using.

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
DataSense has a data tracker that does not rely on carrier information for usage. Maybe the DataSense application can be used without the data compression? Does anyone on a non Verizon phone have the DataSense application?

onggeo

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. I guess I have to wait for the successor of the Lumia 710. The 920 and 820 would surely be really expensive here.

freakin_ph

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
i own an htc 8x and trying to activiate my data sense, browsed and followed some trick but still none had happened, currently using globe tel as my provider, any 1 can help, just tried the autralia and yes-optus trick but still negative result. maybe some other trick would do

thanks

I_am_beat

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I have L820 from Vodafone. There was no DataSense application even after Amber Update. It was said that Vodafone will not have DataSense app. But after Black update I saw that there is DataSense app in my app list: ) So Vodafone changed their mind I assume; )

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon