Windows Phone 8 apps

ahpitre

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I am new Windows 8 user (bought my Lumia 920 2 days ago). Coming from an Android/IPhone/Blackberry. There are some apps. that I need.

1) Contacts - want to create Groups. My Hotmail/Live contacts appear in groups, but I can't assign a ringtone to a group (like I did in Android, via a custom app. (default Android app. would not allow it). What I want is an app. that can read my Hotmail and Google contact groups and let me assign a ringtone and a photo for the group.
2) Contact Direct Dial tile - I want to pin to the Start screen a contact and be able to dial it once the tile is clicked on. Current Windows 8 functionality Pins the Contact, but, when you click the tile, the Contact's info. comes up. What I want is just to touch the tile and the person is called.
3) Is there an app. that allows changing the Tile colors individually, or the Tile Theme colors (like creating your own custom colors, etc.)? What about the Theme (go beyond just the defaults of Light or Dark)?
4) Continuing on the subject of tiles, is it possible, via an app.to make tiles transparent, or semi transparent (like specify transparency %)?
5) Is there a way to set a picture as the background of the Start screen (like on a Windows computer, or an Android phone)?
6) Can I have more than 1 dictionary installed? What I mean is like on Android when I typed, spelling suggestions would pop-up in English, I could tap an Icon on the keyboard and the language changed to Spanish. I type in Spanish and in English, and dictionary corrections should be set accordingly.

I really think Windows Phone 8 is a very promising OS, and better in many aspects than iOS, or Android. I guess I miss some of the customizations I could do on my Android.

alfonz

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
1. Currently there is a lack of ringtone customization for what you ask for, however this my come in future updates.\
2. I don't believe this is possible however you can try app called rapdialer that implements speed dialing
3/4. You can't make the tiles transparent however there are apps out there that will help you create custom tiles such as Wiztiles.
5. You cannot put a picture background on main screen, only on lock screen

I am new to WP8 myself but this is what I have learned so far. I am sure some more experienced users will answer more indepth.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
There is an app out there where you can put a background and make the tiles transparent. I forgot the name of it. But it's not free.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

judas2100

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Tiles can't be made transparent. Their is a paid app on marketplace with the name w phone 8. But it's just a demonstration type of app. The tiles shown won't work and aren't live(they do get scrolled).wallpaper isn't available even for windows 8, only for start screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon