FACEBOOK APP - what would you like the see improved?

sharkiver

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys this is my first ever forum post so i hope i don't annoy anyone with my sub par grammar.

I have had windows phone since it came out, i first had the HTC mozart, then the Samsung Omnia 7, then the Lumia 800 and now the Lumia 920

i love the 920 and its improvements, and the new Facebook update 4.1 is a big improvement in terms of speed, but there are still a few things related to the overall look that put me off using the app and they are minor things but they irritate me!

COMMENT WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE IMPROVED

first,

1. i cant stand how much space the Facebook banner takes up on the screen, for example when I'm on my news feed, i want to see my news feed, but i have a banner a few centimetres in height, which is just not necessary, the word Facebook doesn't need to be so large! i know its Facebook already, id like it to be a nice compact banner where i can still access the three main icons.

2. title sizes throughout the app. the sizes of headings like news feed, inbox, photos, and all the headings on the home screen are all bigger than they need to be, id prefer them to be smaller so i can see more on the screen in the first place.

3. the home screen. the home screen which allows to to quickly click into your profile, friends messages, events, etc. this page all seems a bit un finished, i think it could look really nice if they were all tiles compacted together instead of a long list.

4. bottom toolbar size. another one for size, i feel like the toolbar at the bottom is a bit in your face, perhaps it could be a bit smaller or even hidden slightly like it appears when your swipe across to photos, just so you have more real estate for what is really important.

these are the main things that id like to see improved, sorry about my grammar, I'm to tired to correct it.

leave a comment below with the top things that irritate you, but don't just hate! if there is anything you love about the app then share it!

timetex

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
ability, either in this app, or a standalone FB app, to manage Pages, e.g. posting on behalf of a page you administer, posting photos to the page (as the page) etc.

Sorely missing from the WP8 FB app. Or the FB-integration built into WP8.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
The #1 issue for me is the fact that the facebook app feed (and from the people tile too) is full of craptastic game requests and game posts from friends.

I have these type of things blocked so when i pull up Facebook on a browser (or using the iOS or Android app) I get a nice clean feed of the stuff I actually want to see.

Windows Phone needs to display the same feed every other app/website displays. It's junk otherwise. Junk I say! :)

IThinkALot

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Ability to Like comment replies, ability to copy or save pics, ability to not suck major ass.
This was my first initial thought when i got my WP8 and used the facebook app, coming from android its taken some getting used to, and i'm not sure if this is my individual problem but if I tap on a status to comment after i am done and go back it reloads everything so i have to start back at the most current post in my timeline

tfracs33

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Tip: you can hold your finger on a status update for 2 seconds and a pop up will show with the ability to Like the post. This way you don't have to leave the page and have it take you the most current post

sharkiver

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
its annoying cause a lot of people these days use their phones for Facebook as much as they use it for calling and texting, yet there isnt enough effort going towards making it a complete app.

perhaps they want us to use the FB integration, but even that offers little functionality.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, bro, I can't get your back on this one. I like the look and layout of the app, and the size of the headings and whatnot. I think other FB apps on other platforms are far too small in that area. Of course, I'm 43, on a computer all day long, and probably need some form of glasses or contacts or something. :)

ticktock5

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Just get Facebook to develop the app like they do on iPhone and Android. Ditch the metro interface and just give us a fully functional app. MS's attempt has been pathetic, and I honestly don't see it ever getting better without facebook's support

sharkiver

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
thats okay tim! its really interesting to see that where as its something i cant stand, to other people, it is the thing they love!

i guess its hard to find a balance that pleases everyone

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
the ability to like/unlike pages, unfriend people, actually seeing the info tab for events (always blank for me, never works), etc things that are possible in a desktop browser.

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Here's my list from OneNote. Did I miss anything?
NEEDS THE ABILITY TO
? edit profile/groups/pages/notes/etc.
? edit album/photo descriptions
? edit comments
? reply to comments
? save pics to phone
? copy stuff
? add events with descriptions
? upload videos
? unlike pages/unfriend people
? hide people and one's statuses on newsfeed
? remove self from groups
? post pics to people's walls
? see friends of friends
? attach pics/docs in messages
? share statuses/pics/pages
? manage pages/groups
? view comments on notes
? like notes
? see/click tags in statuses/comments
NEEDS
? timeline events
? @ (at) tag function for friends/pages
? a faster way to go back to home
? ABC click format for pages/groups/lists/etc.
? docs in groups
? timeline
? questions
? landscape support
ALSO
? fix filters for lists that contain pages
? fix videos not loading
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

rohanagarwal

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
First off, i really like the UI. I don't mind the loss in the news feed real estate. It just stands out amongst every other fb app. I really want the ability to view comments for a photo, and like them. I was surprised to see that it wasn't supported. Had to do it via ma iPhone. Other than that, I'd prefer a real time window for notifications and messages than being redirected to another page. That's something i would love. That's it. I don't think i need to see any other major change without which i cant use the fb app satisfactorily. :))

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
First off, i really like the UI. I don't mind the loss in the news feed real estate. It just stands out amongst every other fb app. I really want the ability to view comments for a photo, and like them. I was surprised to see that it wasn't supported. Had to do it via ma iPhone. Other than that, I'd prefer a real time window for notifications and messages than being redirected to another page. That's something i would love. That's it. I don't think i need to see any other major change without which i cant use the fb app satisfactorily. :))
In the FB app, to view photo comments and likes, tap the comment button when viewing the picture. It will bring up all the comments and the comment window together.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only person who uses the Facebook app solely for toast notifications? I always just use the Me and People hub. Its sooooo much cleaner and 10 times faster! I really wish they would just update that!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3