Okay, maybe this is so simple that no one needs it to be addressed except me, but I can't seem to figure it out.

I signed up for a new Outlook.com e-mail address when it first came out, instead of an alias. It got linked up to my Live account, which I use a Gmail account to log in an access. Now, whenever I go to outlook.com, I log in with my Gmail account, then I have to go to the drop down in the upper right to select my outlook.com e-mail address (by default it goes to some other mail box...probably for a hotmail account, but I don't even remember anymore).

Now that I have a WP8, I'm trying to set up the outlook.com e-mail on it. I have my Microsoft account all set up, but it's only receiving e-mail from whatever this other mailbox is, not from the Outlook.com mailbox. I've tried to add a new mailbox with my outlook.com e-mail address, but to my knowledge I don't have a separate password, just my Windows Live login.

So what am I missing here? Seems like this should be simple.

Thanks for your help
    12-17-2012 06:09 PM
    You should be able to see if it is linked by going to your name in the upper right, click Account settings, then Permissions -> Linked accounts on the left menu. Seems like you have it linked to another account or something of that nature.
    12-17-2012 07:50 PM
    If it's a linked outlook.com account, you should have a separate login and pass for it. You need to set it up as a separate account on your device. Then you can link the inboxes on your device, if desired.
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
    12-17-2012 09:59 PM