Does portico fix the app update issue?

glimited

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't seem like it. I know there's an update for one of my apps but I'm purposely not searching for it in the app store to see if the live tile updates. It's only been 2 days but I'm still waiting for it to show up, if at all.

dlusted

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, from a discussion with an MS Tech Rep on the issue; no the Portico update doesn't fix the bug....

But they are looking into it, after several emails, live chats and calls!

Getting annoyed with this bug, as now I have to rely on QR tags to update system apps, and manually search for 3rd Party apps to force store to recognise update and show up on both in-app AND live tile...

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I've been suffering from this as well, and it is honestly starting to piss me off. I really hope the update and the trick WinPhoneSupport asked me to do fix it.

dlusted

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I've been suffering from this as well, and it is honestly starting to piss me off. I really hope the update and the trick WinPhoneSupport asked me to do fix it.
Don't get your hopes up...

I've done many soft resets, hard resets, settings adjustments, "phone update" checks etc etc and none have given results.

Just out of curiosity, what "trick" did they suggest to you?

JimmyRespawn

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
This is really ****ed up. Microsoft should fix this problem asap. I hate check app update manually which makes the smartphone not smart at all.

JimmyRespawn

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Don't get your hopes up...

I've done many soft resets, hard resets, settings adjustments, "phone update" checks etc etc and none have given results.

Just out of curiosity, what "trick" did they suggest to you?

I've met this problem when I use windows phone 7, finally I fix this by flashing the ROM. Idk if this will under phone 8, anyway I won't give it shot until the phone doesn't check the app updates for one week for sure.

MojoHand69

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't seem like it. I know there's an update for one of my apps but I'm purposely not searching for it in the app store to see if the live tile updates. It's only been 2 days but I'm still waiting for it to show up, if at all.

This is a common issue though not everyone experiences it. My app store live tile updates on my 8X.

dlusted

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Neither have worked....
Did the unpin, soft reset method... Nothing...

Have done the updates with QR tags, and still nothing....

Even resorted to reflashing my carrier's ROM, but nothing...

Oh the joys...

dabdoub81

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Also why when we browse the apps lists in the store there is no word says installed under the app name !!
Does anybody miss that or it is only me :confused:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes