Self Contact Card?

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I just did a quick search here and couldn't find a post about this. Is there a way to send my own personal information via contact card?

I know the workaround to there not being a default feature for this would be to make an entry for myself in my contacts but I was wondering if there was a native way to do this?

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Don't know - I always make a contacts entry for myself in any phone I get - easier to store all my various numbers and email addresses and whatnot.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I suppose that is the way to go here. I believe my old bold 9000 used to have a 'my contact card' feature but I may be wrong. I hope we get that feature in a future update.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
QR code isn't better. The share options on contacts is much more useful.

Has anyone successfully sent a contact card via text or NFC to android devices?

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
What are the benefits of a "self contact" vs. creating a new entry in contacts that has your information? Does it work differently in some way?

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
What are the benefits of a "self contact" vs. creating a new entry in contacts that has your information? Does it work differently in some way?
No different. But creating your own kinda like a way around instead of having a nice to have feature. But these kind of tiny things are really hard to keep track in software development.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Is all of your own contact info auto-generated on iOS/ Android as part of the setup process? If so, that would definitely be a nice "feature".

Perhaps when you format and name the device you could link your MS account then have a prompt to confirm info it already has about you and/or fill in missing pieces.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes