Moving Contact from Gmail: Issue

tfracs33

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I am trying to move all my contacts from Gmail to Outlook. I previously had it synched to my Gmail account, but realized that you can't transfer those contacts to Outlook, they are just linked.

I exported my Gmail contacts as an Outlook CSV file and every time I try to upload it to Outlook.com I get an error message stating: "There was a problem uploading your file"

I went in and looked at the info, changed the phone numbers to be just numbers....but can't find why it won't import.

Do I need to format the header text in a different way than was exported by Gmail?

Any suggestions? I am trying to move both my calendar and contacts away from Gmail.

Thank you in advance.

tfracs33

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I had it linked, but it doesn't save contacts to outlook-- just pulls from google.

I want to stop using my Gmail calendar and contacts completely and use outlook as my main source of organization

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Oh ok. It's interesting that on the import, in step 2, it only lets you select a service: Microsoft Outlook (csv) or Outlook. I wonder if it won't let you import a .csv file from Google.

tfracs33

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I will try to save it from Excel and see what happens. A bit frustrating and I was surprised that linking to google wouldn't have ab option to save the contacts to outlook

CB_Demented

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if you solved this, but I thought I'd throw this in in case someone else is looking for a solution.

The easiest way to move contacts from Gmail to Hotmail/live/outlook is to use the Outlook client in Office. Connect both accounts and then you can just copy all contacts from one account to the other through People.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes