Where are the apps?

mbranscum

Nov 25, 2003
Visit site
I purchased a Lumia 900 when they came out. I now own a nearly new Lumia 920.

I have become very discouraged over the past few months to see not many mainstream apps (that I use anyway) coming out or being updated. I also own an iphone and have went back to that as my daily phone.

One example I noticed today was Facebook. Now I am not a big user of Facebook but the Windows app is just not very good. Last time it was update was December 2012. The iphone Facebook app has released 4 updates in 2013 including another one back in December 2012.

I would much rather use the 920 but again...apps are lacking. I really thought by now we would see more development or announcements in the works.

I have no intention of selling my 920 anytime soon and I hope things turn around, but for now, it sits in my nightstand drawer...waiting :(

MrA2Z

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Apps are coming, yesterday twitter and whatsapps released major updates. Other companies will also release apps but it will take some time. Thinking of WP8 to replace your iphone right now is just a dream as WP8 is very young OS. Early adopters of any OS should be ready to face difficulties and recognize the fact that new OS is not mature enough.

Btw if you are frustrated in just few months then imagine about us, the early adopters of WP7. When companies would see the opportunity, they would release the apps. This corporate world is hungry for money and they cannot keep themselves away from it...

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I purchased a Lumia 900 when they came out. I now own a nearly new Lumia 920. I have become very discouraged over the past few months to see not many mainstream apps (that I use anyway) coming out or being updated. I also own an iphone and have went back to that as my daily phone. One example I noticed today was Facebook. Now I am not a big user of Facebook but the Windows app is just not very good. Last time it was update was December 2012. The iphone Facebook app has released 4 updates in 2013 including another one back in December 2012. I would much rather use the 920 but again...apps are lacking. I really thought by now we would see more development or announcements in the works.I have no intention of selling my 920 anytime soon and I hope things turn around, but for now, it sits in my nightstand drawer...waiting :(
Why are you using that god forsaken app anyway? You can check people feeds and post on your wall their wall via the ppl hub.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon