One killer feature of windows phone 8.

eddythomas700

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guys,
first thing first.
I have used android and ios and then coming to windows Platform i was a little disappointed with the number of quality apps in here.But hey the numbers are growing and at 130k that aint bad.THREE CHEERS FOR THAT.:wink:
I am currently on lumia 800 upgraded to wp 7.8 and i am WAITING FOR THAT "ONE" KILLER FEATURE that would make me #switch.
The new start screen is good but i have it on 7.8.
The live lockscreen ...i can live without that.
I dont find anything that would make me switch.
IF THERES ONE THING THAT WOULD MAKE ME SWITCH TO WP8...
it would be a NOTIFICATION CENTRE!!!!
What do you guys think.Anybody thinkin of Upgrading??what made you to upgrade???add comments:wink:

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
either they make the push update reliable on the live tile or better yet just add a dedicated notification center.

pulkit10

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
You should get a phone if you like the overall experience and what it has to offer. A "killer feature" loses its appeal over a few days and then you crave something more. I have the 920 and the screen, wireless charging, NFC, OIS camera are all "killer features" - it's just that they lose appeal over time when something else comes out.

Just try a device out and if you don't like the overall experience, stick with the phone you have.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Just the overall speed of 8 compared to 7 is reason enough for me to recommend upgrading. I loved my HD7 and never once complained about its speed, but I'm completely blown away by how fast my 8x is. As stated above, the greatness of a killer feature will wear off eventually, but the experience is really enhanced by the speed improvements of the new hardware.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You might say the iPhone's "killer feature" are all of it's current ones plus the new ones it keeps getting every week. Windows Phone moves forward at a glacial pace.

dabdoub81

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
If I were you I would wait for the new generation of windows phone devices , better hardware will be your One killer feature .

inside man 55

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Fast resume on apps and running apps underneath the lockscreen...I have plants vs zombies, kills me every single time I need to step away and step back to the game. I need to go back to where I was playing and continue the game. Totally unnecessary, especially with wp8 having fast resume. Saves a lot of time and frustration.

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded cause my phone is BLOODY RED!!!

That's a killer feature that I will never get bored of or walk around with in a sea of black white and grey phones cause let's be honest here all those "KILLER COMBO FEATURES" will be on every phone eventually, everything will be a jedi mind meld trick (if you got that reference kudos to you!) ok!

but hashtag forgot the # :<

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
what made me upgrade honestly was the fact that I knew what I would be getting with wp8. sure it may not have all the popular apps yet buts a steady solid operating system that works well for practical users who are just looking for a way to manage their information and work better.

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Fast resume on apps and running apps underneath the lockscreen...I have plants vs zombies, kills me every single time I need to step away and step back to the game. I need to go back to where I was playing and continue the game. Totally unnecessary, especially with wp8 having fast resume. Saves a lot of time and frustration.
I how I agree with you on that point at least. plants vs zombies would be played so much more often on my phone if I didn't have to reload the entire damn game every time I opened the application. although its on the developer to take advantage of the dev tools to make it compatible with fast app switching.

inside man 55

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I how I agree with you on that point at least. plants vs zombies would be played so much more often on my phone if I didn't have to reload the entire damn game every time I opened the application. although its on the developer to take advantage of the dev tools to make it compatible with fast app switching.

Yes it is, hopefully with EA owning the franchise now they will update. There has not been an update in two years. Fast resume plus new levels would be my wish list. Two more mini games and I can call it quits. :)

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
How about the fact that your phone isn't getting any more updates where as Windows Phone 8 are going to?

Also Lumia 920 isn't the ONLY WP8, so this thread's purpose on Lumia 920 boards is as good as ketchup's purpose on chocolate fudge cake.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The one killer feature would be instagram built into the picture hub.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Killer feature would be ALWAYS working live tiles and ALWAYS working facebook app who would provide RELIABLE notifications.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas