Camera Issue

Joseph Kazan

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I have an Ativ S and the camera wont work for some reason. I open the app and all there is is a black screen. Once the app is open it shows that screen for three seconds then closes.... I don't really know what to do to fix it. I rebooted the phone at least 4 times, and deleted apps that I thought were causing it to do this. Any help would be appreciated!

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Don't have an ativ s so not sure what the issue might be how long have you had the ativ s and when did the issue start? Dis you install or update an app just before the problem?

Joseph Kazan

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I got it like four months ago and the issue started about 4 days ago... havent really added any apps that would screw up the camera.. just typical things like FB, Twitter, ESPN, CNN and Youtube

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Download some kind of camera app such as Photosynth o something similar, see if your camera works inside one of those apps? This can help establish if this is software or hardware related.

Joseph Kazan

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Download some kind of camera app such as Photosynth o something similar, see if your camera works inside one of those apps? This can help establish if this is software or hardware related.
Yeah, I downloaded camera 360 and it didn't work, so i'm assuming it's hardware related?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeh sounds like it. Either that or some deep bug your OS is having. I think you're under a manufacturer warranty, I'd suggest contacting Samsung and see if they can do something for you.

you can try a factory reset if you don't want to go through the trouble of contacting Samsung.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeh I wish there was a better answer. Sometimes hardware just fails. Post back though, I'm curious how Samsung handles their warranty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon