Need help with people hub

pdaneophyte

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
I posted this on Microsoft answers forum, but I may get faster answers from this community. This is the gist of the problem:

I have trouble exporting proper address from Outlook (PC) to outlook.com. Specifically my Outlook (PC) contacts address lines 2 and 3 is not being imported. Since my new windows phone retardedly does not sync to Outlook (PC) program, I have to move my contacts to the <sarcasm on> CLOUD <sarcasm off>.

Now this is an example of what I wanted my contacts to look like (which is done well on Outlook (PC))

Name : Mr. XYZ
Address 1 : Suite 123 Building ABC Floor xx
Address 2 : Some Street Name with Plot Number
Address 3 : Additional District or Municipality Info.
City : Some City.

This is an example of what Outlook.com People hub shows:

Name : Mr. XYZ
Address 1 : Suite 123 Building ABC Floor xx
City : Some City.

I also would like to know the maximum length of Address field on Outlook.com. I have been bitten by the 40 characters limit on Company Name Field and have no wish to repeat that on Address fields.

Thanks guys (or gals)

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello pdaneophyte,

What version of Outlook are you using. On the Outlook.com does it have the third address field? If you add an address from outlook.com does it transfer correctly over to outlook app?

Outlook 2013 has Hotmail connector built in and works really well with Hotmail.

pdaneophyte

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
Outlook 2003. Already installed Outlook Connector. Contacts are exported to CSV files made from Outlook 2003 export, trimmed and cleaned up in Excel from unprintable characters, saved to another CSV file and imported to Hotmail / Outlook.com people hub. Address lines 2 and 3 are ignored by Outlook.com. I am leery of adding a contact from Outlook.com / my Lumia until I can get this resolved or workaround.

I am aware that Office / Outlook 2013 use Exchange sync with Outlook.com, which should have been a no brainer from Hotmail days if Microsoft wasn't too cheap to do it, instead of Outlook Hotmail Connector.

pdaneophyte

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
Bump.
Over 100 views and nobody have any ideas? This must be a very niche and particular problem. I know my parents tell me I am unique but I have no idea I was *THIS UNIQUE* :shocked: :grin:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes