Cross-Platform NFC tags

franzDanconia

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I want to buy some NFC tags, however, I have more than one device at my home (a 920, a galaxy note ii, and a nexus 4), so I want to buy tags that are compatible with both Windows Phone and Android. I looked on amazon, and found Amazon.com: TagsForDroid 10 NFC Tags + 1 NFC Key Chain + Stickers (MIFARE 1K): Computers & Accessories these. It doesn't say in the page or comments if they are compatible with Windows Phone though. I also found these,
Amazon.com: Samsung TecTiles (5-Pack), Programmable Near Field Communication Tags for Samsung NFC Galaxy S3, S2, S, Note 2, Note and NFC Enabled Phones: Cell Phones & Accessories
but these are just half the number of tags for the same price, so I don't want to buy them. Does anyone know if TagsForDroid are Windows Phone compatible, or if there are other reasonably priced (~10 tags for $15-ish) tags available for purchase somewhere?

Thanks.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
On your Nexus or Note download NFC Task Launcher. Inside the app are links to places to buy compatible tags. Just compare those tags and see if they are compatible with your windows device.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I bought a bag of tags (10) before I realized that there was a difference. They weren't formatted, so I used a coworker's Galaxy to format them all. Once I did that, they all work with the Nokia. Don't know if this helps - it's the only NFC experience I have, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

anon(5976560)

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
If you need tags that work as smart posters, check out Thumbtag. They work with all NFC phones and don't require any programming on the customer's part. All you would have to do is upload a file and the tag arrives programmed and scan-able via NFC or QR code.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes