Do words added to the dictionary get backed up?

Jrexxx

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I've added lots of words to my suggestion list and was wondering if they get backed up with settings. U haven't done a hard reset yet so I don't know what gets backed up and what doesn't. I'm afraid that if I ever have to do a hard reset I'll lose all my suggestions. Any one tried it out already?
Thanks!

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not tried this out specifically, but I'd hazard an educated guess of "Yes, it will be backed up".

The documentation linked to from Settings->Backup state in part that it backs up:

"Settings from around your phone, including photos, messaging, email and accounts, location, Internet Explorer, lock screen, and more".

khunhorm

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
No it doesn't. At least before portico.

I installed portico from navifarm since January. And then restored from backup. And I have to add all words again.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have restored my 928 profile to several different phones. No, the dictionary is not backed up. I have had to put my wife's name into each dictionary. And you'd think Suzi wouldn't be underlined red......

Jrexxx

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Haha, poor you... My situation is even worse: I'm lebanese and have to add my whole vocab to the exosting dictionnary :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism