WP8 / Nokia 1020 issues with SYNC MyFord Touch (my first post!)

bsic

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I have been a LONG time iphone user- one of the nerds that waited in line for the first one, and have had one since. I bought a Galaxy S4 a month ago to try it- not for me. One week ago i grabbed the lumia 1020, and man I just LOVE this phone. I wont go on and on as to why- but I think this OS is extremely functional (and underrated!).

But- one thing that is just killing me is the ability to play music over USB in my car (Ford Fusion) with MyFord Touch. Bluetooth works fine, but doesnt allow voice commands via the car to play music by track/artist/album/etc.

When I plug the 1020 in, it sometimes just freezes the car music interface and doesnt do anything. Other times, it will show that I have only three tracks (or some other number FAR less than what is on the phone). Other times it says the phone isnt supported.

Has anyone seen such issues with the 1020? I dont know if this is a WP8 thing, or a 1020 thing... or a Ford thing. I searched and found some threads about issues wtih bluetooth- but that works fine for me. But I must have USB working.

Any help appreciated- thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon