GDR2/amber update FROZEN PHONE:(

matt dunn

May 12, 2013
Visit site
hey guys, so i had about 60 percent and was connected to wifi. it downloaded the update and then was stuck on the spinning gears. i didnt think anything or if because i had read it had been taking up to an hour. so i thought no biggy... well my phone died on the spinning gears... and i put it on the charger and its basically been on the spinning gear for roughly 11 hours now... im hoping my phones not broken, idk what to do...

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Is your phone practically full prior to this update? Mine has about 3 gig free and took all of 3 hours and some change to complete. My wife's L920 took about 20 minutes.

matt dunn

May 12, 2013
Visit site
uhm ya i had like a gig plus some free, but i woke up n it had came of the charger and its been spinning for like an hour this morning... im just thinking it needs 50% battery to update? and its just spinning waiting for that?.. im not sure but its REALLY frustrating and ive been out a phone like since 2 yesterday

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
uhm ya i had like a gig plus some free, but i woke up n it had came of the charger and its been spinning for like an hour this morning... im just thinking it needs 50% battery to update? and its just spinning waiting for that?.. im not sure but its REALLY frustrating and ive been out a phone like since 2 yesterday

I freed up about 4 gig before starting. Knowing how Microsoft installs its OS's, It needs the space to unpack and install. Probably was just enough. It still took over 3 hours to complete. Having a bit over a gig just might take you into a second day. The fact that is spinning suggests its still working. Leave it spin and plugged into the charger. It could still complete.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
My dads phone, when he updated it, caused for the touch to stop working unless I do things that are to complicated to explain in this thread. So I restored it, but it's been in the spinning gears for many hours now.

My mom and I have different issues with gdr2. I would think with att being the last to release gdr2, they would release it bug free. I guess not. :'(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon