Weird Touch response in my Lumia

Saurabh Vatsa

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I am having this Lumia 620 and facing this weird problem for a while.... My touch screen responses weird sometimes..... sometimes it becomes unresponsive, sometimes buttons press itself without my tap and sometimes back button gets on hold(long press) when i tap it .... I have to lock and unlock screen to make it work again.....
Now i don't know the reason behind this but this happens when my hands are a little moist( a bit sweaty)... or i think this may b due to screen guard as it is getting a bit off from sides..... I tried hard reset and soft also but this did not solved the problem..... Do anyone facing the problem with their lumia??

Saurabh Vatsa

May 19, 2013
Visit site
hmm... i just saw ur video... mine does not completely gets unresponsive but it responses like when u put one finger on screen and try to operate phone with another finger and then the touch lags..... same is the prob with mine... it feels like there is already a tap on any part of screen... Now i don't know how to explain this to nokia care as this problem happens only sometimes... :(

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
hmm... i just saw ur video... mine does not completely gets unresponsive but it responses like when u put one finger on screen and try to operate phone with another finger and then the touch lags..... same is the prob with mine... it feels like there is already a tap on any part of screen... Now i don't know how to explain this to nokia care as this problem happens only sometimes... :(

I too get the same bug. Hope it has to do with two things.
1) swet or water on screen
2) disturbances to Proximity sensors.

I had this bug even on the Clean screen. may be the screenguard I used is causing the problem. Do you have Screen Guard?

Saurabh Vatsa

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I too get the same bug. Hope it has to do with two things.
1) swet or water on screen
2) disturbances to Proximity sensors.

I had this bug even on the Clean screen. may be the screenguard I used is causing the problem. Do you have Screen Guard?

yes... I do have a screen guard and also it is coming off from one side.. But it is not covering proximity sensor.... :/

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
yes... I do have a screen guard and also it is coming off from one side.. But it is not covering proximity sensor.... :/

i dont mean the screen guard is covering proximity sensor. it could be dust or oil. just hope this bug is software related as it functions smoothly after unlocking once.

Saurabh Vatsa

May 19, 2013
Visit site
i dont mean the screen guard is covering proximity sensor. it could be dust or oil. just hope this bug is software related as it functions smoothly after unlocking once.
ya.. I also hope so... Coz mine also starts working after unlocking again... I think it is due to my screen guard... I'll try a new one...

eroselim

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I am also using L620, without Screen Guard but still got the problem. And the only resolve is to Lock Unlock the phone to make it responsive again. I don't know what's supposed to be the problem but I think it is a screen issue for all L620.

Saurabh Vatsa

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I am also using L620, without Screen Guard but still got the problem. And the only resolve is to Lock Unlock the phone to make it responsive again. I don't know what's supposed to be the problem but I think it is a screen issue for all L620.
i recently installed a new screen guard on 620... Now its working fine... Problem persists when i try to use it with my sweaty hands... Rest it acts normal now... Fingers crossed :D

Saurabh Vatsa

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I have put my phone Touch sensitivity to normal from High.. now its working more smooth :p
post about Yours now..

lol... I never put that on high sensitivity... It was acting abnormal on normal mode only.. :D
Bt now its ok... I think that was the problem with my old screen guard.. :)

tonymathewt

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Initially I thought that this is due to some static electricity issue but 2 others with the same model(Lumia 520) in my office are not having any issue.
Then I suspected my n/w or SIM card but the problem is still there even without a SIM card!
Now I suspect the s/w version in my phone it is not having Lumia update like others in my office and the OS version is 8.0.10211.204 both are old compared to my colleague's phones.

tonymathewt

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
It happens with me. When it does, I just press lock button and unlock it. It fixes the problem quickly.

This does not work in my case. One thing I noticed is this issue happens if the phone is kept idle for a while(around 1 hour). Local Nokia care guys does not guarantee a time to get my device fixed if I want to replace the touch screen. There are people who have left their device for more than a month!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes