Restarting my Lumia 820 always corrupts my SD card.

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi every one, I got an SD card for my L820 due to low phone memory yesterday and been having problems since. The phone always asks me about storing files on SD card after a restart and when I click YES, it no longer reads the files (pictures, videos+music) but when I go to settings I see that the card has stuff on it since it gives me the used space. I always have to format the card again, copy the files and all is good but as soon as I restart or connect my phone to the WP sync app, all become unreadable to the phone again.

Now I know WP8 is not like WP7 with Zune since the Xbox music management really sucks. I see duplicate files and files are unreadable after a restart.
Can anyone explain this to me? Why an I seeing this? Also is it good to copy files to the phone with the sync app since the error rate in copying for me is too high therefore I don't use the app but just copy files and paste them in SD card. Please help, really having a bad WP8 experience and feel like going back to my WP7.8 :(

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Let me ask this: Where did you get the card? I've seen a LOT of knock off cards that aren't really the capacity they say they are, and corrupt all the data as soon as it hits the "real" capacity. If you didn't get it from a legitimate source, such as a solid online retailer (not an ebay vendor), or a brick/mortar store, it's probably just a bad card, especially since the behavior you're experiencing isn't normal (or even heard of!) with wp8. Even if you did get it from a legitimate store, it could still just be a bad card. Take it back and get a different one and see if you have the same problem.

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Let me ask this: Where did you get the card? I've seen a LOT of knock off cards that aren't really the capacity they say they are, and corrupt all the data as soon as it hits the "real" capacity. If you didn't get it from a legitimate source, such as a solid online retailer (not an ebay vendor), or a brick/mortar store, it's probably just a bad card, especially since the behavior you're experiencing isn't normal (or even heard of!) with wp8. Even if you did get it from a legitimate store, it could still just be a bad card. Take it back and get a different one and see if you have the same problem.
Ok I got another SD card and that doesn't tell me SD card found after a restart....so this seems to be better but in Xbox music, most of the files are unplayable and give me the error code 80070002. The after a while mg musics start vanishing with the used up space being the same. Why is this happening to me? What's the problem cuz it happens on the old bad card and the new one as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes