How do I have longer lasting battery life?

SoullessOnyx

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey! I got my Lumia 625 today and it started at 50% Battery level, I used it for little under 3 hours, you know.. Downloading my stuff and then just did the normal stuff Twitter etc.
It lasted about 3 hours until it turned off, so that means once I have it fully charged it will last around 6 hours... That is not good all, is there anyway I can make it last longer like at least 24 hours?

I have Battery Saver turned on.
I have no Apps running.
The Brightness is down.

What else can I do? Thank you!

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There was a huge thread somewhere with a load of battery saving tips on it (some of which got a bit ocd).

My tips, based on reasonable usage and not crippling services uneccessarily:-

Turn off tap+send (this sucks a lot of battery)
Turn off Bluetooth
Screen brightness to "Medium"
Turn off WiFi if you're away from WiFi for a couple of hours or so

Obviously, the worst offender for battery life is the user... :D

jasonrush

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
We're you using it 3 hours straight? If so that's pretty decent for only being half charged.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

pveezy

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
First, I don't think you should ever use a device until it has been fully charged. Maybe that has changed with battery technology, but I always keep the practice of fulling charging a mobile device for several hours before using it.

And secondly, I've found with most devices like cell phones, the battery life indicator is never really accurate until it has been fully charged and depleted a few times. I've had brand new devices that I turn on and show at 75% battery, only to drop to like 20% within 15 minutes... but then be perfectly fine once recharged again and after going through a few cycles. I wouldn't assume that just because you got 3 hours of life in the bottom half of 50% that you will only get 6 hours once you've fully charged the phone.

Last edited:

HarisA1

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Your battery life adapts to the way you use the phone as the person above me said after a few charges discharges in the coming days your battery will improve

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I suggest you get connectivity tiles and stay away from battery apps.

I personally keep location off as well when not in use.
Turn off all unnecessary background tasks (Settings -> swipe left or right -> background tasks) as not everything needs to run in the background.

As others have stated you got a good run at 50% and your battery will last longer once fully charged than 6 hours.

RadioActive199

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Well I'm sure that most of my tips are already covered but it might just help :)

1. Make sure unnecessary apps don't run in the background.
2. Make sure that connectivity services like Bluetooth, Tap+Send, Wifi & Cellular are turned off when not needed.
3. If you battery is really that bad try turning off additional features like glance, double tap to wake ( this is a major battery sucker)
4. Other than that if you go to school or something where electronics are not permitted ( :p ) try and turn it off, battery power won't be used that way.
5. Finally, there's a app available on the market that is called "Battery Saver" which has seemed to have worked for many people, I personally haven't tried it myself so I wouldn't know.

Hope this helps. :)

iliramove

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I keep WiFi, 3G data, Bluetooth, Location services on 24/7. I use Glance peek, double tap to wake. I enable text backup, save location periodically before battery dies off, both feedback to MS and Nokia are enabled, Xbox profile is connected but no sync game request, brightness auto at Medium, location on in People hub, IE and search.

I have two email accounts sync as item arrives, one twitter account, one Facebook account and one Nokia account set.

My background apps are Toshl, Amazing Weather HD, Whatsapp, Viber, 6tag and Facebook official app. I also installed Battery (by Arthur Semenov - best battery app IMHO) and allow background task.

On my Lumia 1020, I get 18 hours with my normal/daily usage. On my Lumia 1520, I get 40+ hours with my normal/daily usage.

I use my phones without thinking about the battery remaining and use it as I need to (be it browsing, taking photos, texting, emails, calls, games, etc) I've gotten past the "always checking how much my battery is remaining" stage since I've moved from iOS and Android to Windows Phone ecosystem last August. They just work without needing you to worry about battery life. I started with a Lumia 925 as our corporate phone replacing the BB9900/iPhone 5. I was so convinced with the platform and got my personal Lumia 1020 shortly after it was launched in my country replacing my HTC One. I traded the Lumia 925 for the Lumia 1520 when it launched.

The rest is history...

Sent from my RM-875_apac_sea_220 using Tapatalk

iliramove

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I just want to sync my games achievements (Halo Spartan and Bejeweled Live +)

Sent from my RM-875_apac_sea_220 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes