HUGE Battery drain on Lumia 920!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoullessOnyx

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey, so I got the Lumia 920 and I charged it when I woke up this morning, I left it to fully charge and then took it off, I have not used my phone all day until about 40 minutes ago and the battery was at 93% what is not to bad I guess, I then used my phone for about 10 minutes, and my battery went down to 84% in 10 minutes...

I have no Apps running in the background, I have the brightness set at low, I have all the sounds and vibrate off, mostly everything is turned off to keep the battery lasting longer, yet I lost a rather large amount in 10 minutes, I'm not sure what to do, why has it run down so much?

kyriacou48

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Hey SoullessOnyx,

Having owned a Lumia 920 (on a 1520 now), this can happen from time to time. What were you doing on your phone? I have seen drainage like that when playing 3D Games (Asphalt is a big killer). If you weren't playing games, I would suggest to check the following:

-Location turned OFF
Wifi turned OFF (or ensure that under Wifi>Advanced that "keep wifi on while the screen is timed out" is unchecked)

seeing as its not poor battery life overall, it seems it must be app related.

Which app/s were you using during the 10 minutes of usage? some apps are really bad for battery drainage.

Regardless, give your phone a soft reset (hold power button and DOWN volume key for 20 seconds).

Another thing to try is fixing your battery reader inside your phone. Try completely draining your phone til it's dead, then doing a complete full charge. turn your phone off and on, and top up the battery again to 100%.

Let me know how you go and hope this helped!

Cheers,

Chris

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Wifi turned OFF (or ensure that under Wifi>Advanced that "keep wifi on while the screen is timed out" is unchecked)

I just love these suggestions lol. Just turn the phone OFF and put it in the drawer, no drain, but hey, when you open the drawer you have something nice to look at.

kyriacou48

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I had meant to say that WIFI should be turned off when the phone isn't in use. Check usage on most devices, you'll see that screen brightness and wifi are the biggest battery killers.

SoullessOnyx

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey SoullessOnyx,

Having owned a Lumia 920 (on a 1520 now), this can happen from time to time. What were you doing on your phone? I have seen drainage like that when playing 3D Games (Asphalt is a big killer). If you weren't playing games, I would suggest to check the following:

-Location turned OFF

seeing as its not poor battery life overall, it seems it must be app related.

Which app/s were you using during the 10 minutes of usage? some apps are really bad for battery drainage.

Regardless, give your phone a soft reset (hold power button and DOWN volume key for 20 seconds).

Another thing to try is fixing your battery reader inside your phone. Try completely draining your phone til it's dead, then doing a complete full charge. turn your phone off and on, and top up the battery again to 100%.

Let me know how you go and hope this helped!

Cheers,

Chris

I was using "Nokia Camera" I also have my Facebook and Twitter linked, Imagine that would take a lot of power, I also have location off and Wi-Fi to turn off when locked.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
actually in my experience cellular data is the biggest radio related battery drain and wifi is much less.
do leave wifi on.
turn off Location, NFC, Bluetooth. (if not in use)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon