Are you satisfied with WP8?

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Oh yes and that is because the platform meets my needs without becoming an obstruction.

My overriding need is for good calendar functionality; I work a rotating shift and need to repeat appointments every nine days and through Outlook.com I can achieve this, then automatically synchronise it with all my MS devices. This allows me to plan my social life, holidays, attend concerts etc, because I can see what I'm doing on a particular day, months in advance. Yes I could do this with an app on iOS or Android, but haven't I just spent ?100s on a phone?

Apart from that, I love the way Microsoft took a fresh approach. It seems to have potential that intrigues me.

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
A friend of mine has an 820 and reported poor battery performance. However recent updates seem to have solved the issue for him and loading apps onto the SD card will give the device a whole new lease on life.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
^ Lol .
yes, I'm very very satisfied with WP8 (& WP7 too). Technically, the HTC HD7 was my first ever smartphone. And I loved every bit of it..then something happened and I sold it off and got a cheap Nexus 4. What a waste of money, sold it in two months flat and got a Lumia 820. What a splendid piece of hardware and software..impeccable, unparalleled and out of this world...love every bit of it..

Sent from iCeborg's iPad.

bionicgt

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I am at a 60%, just make a file picker so I can send or receive files and save them on the phone via Whatsapp or Line messenger and add a few more apps and I'll probably be at a 90%, then again with Android I wa snever 100% happy so ... lol

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm not satisfied with WP8. Some really IMO dumb design decisions, such as not having separate volume control for media and ringtone and not allowing programatic control over basic settings like wifi on/off, makes it a second rate smart phone OS.

I'm currently using my WP as a backup and have gone back to Android, which is providing me a much better experience at the moment. I'll revisit WP when 8.1 is released, but until then WP is not for me.

flyingsolid

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
No, the concept for the operating system is fantastic. I enjoy having live tiles, but the restrictions on the device are more than I am comfortable with. Someone in an existing thread probably has an extensive list of items that would cover most of my gripes. Coming from legacy BlackBerry, not having control over notifications and missing toasts really pushed me in the wrong direction. Not having the OS level accounts integration with certain applications just adds fuel. This would be the reason why I have Windows Phone but use Q10.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm not satisfied with WP8. Some really IMO dumb design decisions, such as not having separate volume control for media and ringtone and not allowing programatic control over basic settings like wifi on/off, makes it a second rate smart phone OS.

I'm currently using my WP as a backup and have gone back to Android, which is providing me a much better experience at the moment. I'll revisit WP when 8.1 is released, but until then WP is not for me.

Lol.. While tying my keyboard stuck.. Haha.. ANDROID I tell you.. Anyways.. I think I agree with you. I'm using it too as a backup. I have Lenovo K900. Splendid hardware again but IS as laggy as ever. But yes, it has apps I need for daily. News etc.. Honestly if Lumia had all of that, I would never take the Android bus ever.

Coded from a Clover Trail+ Machine!

final_fantasy781

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm enjoying the WP8. Well, I didn't come from a long line of other smartphones. My latest was the L521, and with T-Mobile. The service was really limited. However, with the services that was borrowed to allow me to make calls it was never charged to my phone bill. Before that, the phone I had was just a phone. Not even that smart at all. It had the radio available and...the radio.

Coming from a non-smart phone to the L521 was a major jump but I also wanted to be different. My family goes for the iPhone, with a few stragglers that have or want a Galaxy phone. It's a great OS but not without issues.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Seriously, only good for call and chat!

You have just made a fool of yourself lol
@dantei lol that comment cracked me up!! actually android is only good for call and chat coz it lags on other things!!
about ur 'limitations'of windows phone-
1. Limited features and it's restriction.(what??)
2. Slow adding new features(what??)
3. Limited number of apps/games.(as long as major apps keep coming its fine)
4. Paying for those apps which are free on other OS and paid on WP( Fair enough)
5. Developers aren't paying attention on WP. Not only WP get apps late but many apps which can run on 512MB RAM need 1GB RAM in WP(like Temple Run 2, Subway Surfer etc). --------->(the devs eventually do release a slightly modded version for 512mb which runs faster except for subway surfers)

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
All I can say is android needs to be smooth with the help of root nd custom Rom.such is not the case with wp8

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

RN50

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Not satisfied, its a very limited os at the moment and if 8.1 sucks ball then i will be leaving wp when my contract is up.

The updates that they are showing us on wp8.1 is stuff that has been around for years on android or ios. They need these features and much more.

Also apps still suck. By sucking i mean the actual quality of the app itself n

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Surprisingly satisfied, given that I chose it grudgingly, because that's where Nokia chose to go.
There are odd things I miss from Symbian - situations, WiFi toggle (not a tile), decent alarm with alterable snooze.
I have an Ipad and Android tablet, I like ios, but not for a phone, not keen on Android, I've had problems with malware and find it glitchy.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Not satisfied, its a very limited os at the moment and if 8.1 sucks ball then i will be leaving wp when my contract is up.

The updates that they are showing us on wp8.1 is stuff that has been around for years on android or ios. They need these features and much more.

Also apps still suck. By sucking i mean the actual quality of the app itself n
android and ios have been around longer than wp and despite that wp has had faster growth and unique features and better smoothness than android (ios and wp have same speed roughly)

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I am more than happy with it (previously had Android & iPhone)

Not a big app users so I have been able to find all I need

Take photos, Calendar, Contacts, eMail, Music, Videos, Web Browsing, Checking Social Networks (these are my main uses and all are covered)

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I am more than happy with it (previously had Android & iPhone)

Not a big app users so I have been able to find all I need

Take photos, Calendar, Contacts, eMail, Music, Videos, Web Browsing, Checking Social Networks (these are my main uses and all are covered)
yeah ikr i also have phones and tablets from each OS and the FB app on all my ipads(2,3,4) lags like hell and the FB app on my 720 works perfectly infact better than android and ios put together

Xellsama

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Some of the criticism makes me wonder, do these people just walks into a store and point at a random phone to buy? How can you not know that there are less apps? How would you not know of any feature that have "long existed on ios/android" is not on WP? A simple Google search would've given you more than enough information on what you are getting yourself into before you bought the phone. Do you really not know anything before getting a Windows Phone?

But then, at the same time, these same people post about many features and apps that they DEMAND from WP, in a way that only a more tech-savvy person would. To me, if you know so much, and know that you cannot handle life without these features/apps, and still chose Windows Phone, you should only be mad at your own stupidity.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Some of the criticism makes me wonder, do these people just walks into a store and point at a random phone to buy? How can you not know that there are less apps? How would you not know of any feature that have "long existed on ios/android" is not on WP? A simple Google search would've given you more than enough information on what you are getting yourself into before you bought the phone. Do you really not know anything before getting a Windows Phone?

But then, at the same time, these same people post about many features and apps that they DEMAND from WP, in a way that only a more tech-savvy person would. To me, if you know so much, and know that you cannot handle life without these features/apps, and still chose Windows Phone, you should only be mad at your own stupidity.
well said!!!
im a developer for all major platforms im a power user and i say file managers and sh*tty games arent really needed
we dont want another android here with the malware,fake apps,lack of security and google spying on us through our own devices
tech savvy people dont need features and games which arent needed
that guy isnt tech savvy at all, only 2 of his points are valid im sure he came from a droid and wants those lame launchers and stuff which isnt really needed

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon