Does WP have Offline news or article reader app?

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone tell me that does WP store have any app which can save full article offline?
Today I saw an Android app called Pocket(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ideashower.readitlater.pro). It can save whole article and you can read it whenever and wherever you want.
Does WP have this kind of app?

Well, our WP central app do save full article but I am looking for a good app which can save article from any site.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Nope. Next Gen Reader doesn't do that.
It only saves summery like many other apps.

here is what nextgen reader says :-
Clean, beautiful & simple design, inspired from Windows Phone with offline support, multiple live tiles, image caching and a lot more.

Always read full articles without clutter (powered by Readability).

Discover popular feeds through featured section or browse through categories in subscriptions hub.

Share news on your social networks or save to OneNote, Instapaper, Pocket and Readability.

Oh, and don't forget to customize with tons of options available in settings.

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
here is what nextgen reader says :-
Clean, beautiful & simple design, inspired from Windows Phone with offline support, multiple live tiles, image caching and a lot more.

Always read full articles without clutter (powered by Readability).

Discover popular feeds through featured section or browse through categories in subscriptions hub.

Share news on your social networks or save to OneNote, Instapaper, Pocket and Readability.

Oh, and don't forget to customize with tons of options available in settings.

I have Next Gen Reader for quite a time and still using it.
But I am looking for an app which can save whole article when it connect to WiFi and we can read it offline later.
Next gen can't do that. It only saves summery.
next gen.jpg next gen.jpg

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Still No luck. My friend
It is same. (Only summery in offline)

How about in your phone
Did Next Gen reader able to show full article in offline mode ?

mandoctor

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
C'mon guys there are many Pocket replacements/equivalents (you name it) in the Store. Just to mention some, Poki, Owl reader, Pouch(not sure)... I personally use owl reader. I usually email the articles from the web (on the phone) to add@getpocket.com, I open owl reader and voila!!

jsteelio

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have been having issues with NextGen Reader not showing images in offline mode even when I have the "cache images" enabled when downloading my feeds over WIFI. Is a Pocket account required for the images to appear when offline?

aucber

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
there are several app with offline feature, such as USA TODAY, CANADA NEWS, CHINA DAILY, and many others, you can find them from the Windows phone store, they are free:eek:rly:

dcurtis

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I just released webStore, which works directly from the phone without having to use pocket. It downloads full HTML pages and follows through links up to a specified depth so you can pull down a whole site (in theory). You can set it to automatically download sites which expire, like news sites. The free trial has full functionality but is limited to 50 downloads. Take a look at it and see what you think.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital