Supported WP8 since day one, but now thinking of leaving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, bummer. I miss my easy access to Bing Vision + Local Events + Local Scout + Local Deals. Two of those features are now gone entirely in 8.1, very disappointing.

Bing vision moved to a camera lense and local scout moved to maps I believe. Yeah those Bing cards were nice. :(

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Bing vision moved to a camera lense and local scout moved to maps I believe. Yeah those Bing cards were nice. :(

Indeed, Bing Vision and Local Scout remain, they just aren't as easily accessible, which I'm not fond of. But Bing Local Deals are missing entirely from the OS, and no one has found them anywhere, so we can only assume they're dead.

Maybe it can be re-enabled as one of the "Interests" you can subscribe to in Cortana, no?

nautanki_saala

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
what part of "beta" don't you understand? Calm down. They could have offered it to NOONE until it was ready globally, but they have it useable for US so they are being nice enough to make it available to them. Talk about entitled! Sheesh

I understand beta fully.. I supported MS too that they will come up soon. But its just about waiting here hardly any refinements coming and that also region restricted.. And dude, even we have paid d money so that have no right to be just nice to them what do I care for them I want features too for the support as well as money that I gave! Giving only to US is insulting.. I dont know why MS treats its customers like beta testers.. Anyways leaving my 820 with 8.1 now shifting to kitkat fone this week.. Too tired.. Let WP ppl keep waiting forever ill move ahead..

nautanki_saala

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
WP can be only used as a spare phone along with a droid.. For atleast 3-4 years more.. My new kitkat fablet coming this week.. Anyone wants yellow 820 with 8.1 india for 13k?

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes I agree wp8 cannot be used a daily driver it can be used as second phone if our Droid has any problem. I Second you.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
ND also try the new moto g it's cheap for the price but offers some quality though camera quality ND lack of SD card is a bummer.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

altafmahmood

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Come on this was a big update some of the stuff surely can go wrong but please let it get stable. It will be better anyways if you wanted such a stable OS you can go to that android or iOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2