Stereo Bluetooth Headsets For Windows Phone 7

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the jabra Bt 8010 for years and now I need to replace them and I can't find them in stock anymore for the price I paid. To me they had the best battery life and sound quality out of every earpiece I've used. Are there any other good stereo Bluetooth headsets with good battery life and sound quality?

daylater

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I just switched from a plantronics to a Jawbone Icon (it was on sale at Amazon for <$50!)

It's by far the best bluetooth earpiece i've ever used. My only complaint is that it uses 1 button for every command, and sometimes I fumble between changing the volume and activating voice dialing.

Call quality and battery life have been fantastic so far though.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Have not monitored the battery life but my Jabra Halos are the best sounding, most comfortable BT stereo headphone I have ever owned. Louder and clearer than anything else I have tried.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I love my LG HBS700 stereo bluetooth they are comfortable inexpensive and work very well. I know 7 other people who have gotten them sense I got mine I hear nothing but good things from everyone.

:ninja: Dave

Loaf

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I've been using a set of Jaybird Freedom BT earbuds for about a month now, had them paired with a Motorola ES400 WM6.5 and an HTC Trophy WP7 phone with no issues and I'm totally happy with them. The onboard controls are a big plus as well!

shlomo80

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I use a Nokia BH-214 (a jacked Bluetooth remote) which gives me headphone flexibility. Just clip it on a jacket lapel and I'm good to go.

The Jabra Clipper is almost the same thing, although IMO the Nokia is better.

Bluetooth audio quality has its limits of course regardless of the source format (a mediocre-bitrate MP3 basically speaking) and the Nokia appears to max out the available sound quality. It's well beneath the capabilities of e.g. my custom JH Audio in-ears, but it's not that bad - I most often use it with the Westone 4 / Shure SE530 (current model is SE535), which are my subway beaters.

The setup also gives me flexibility - wired for higher quality listening, wireless for convenience, and I don't have to change the ear/headphone.

If you're interested in this style of headset, Nokia have a newer set out (which is cheaper) called the BH-111. It also has less runtime. Still best going for the 214 IMO although the 111 comes in different colours.

Last edited:

NateShowww

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I love my LG HBS700 stereo bluetooth they are comfortable inexpensive and work very well. I know 7 other people who have gotten them sense I got mine I hear nothing but good things from everyone.

Very much agreed on these headphones. I could not make it through the day without them. You may get some strange looks while wearing them but to **** with them. I am thinking about stocking up on some more in case these ever break. That is how good they are. I never do anything like that.

heda_p

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
agree

Very much agreed on these headphones. I could not make it through the day without them. You may get some strange looks while wearing them but to **** with them. I am thinking about stocking up on some more in case these ever break. That is how good they are. I never do anything like that.

this is my choice as well, i have used 10+ bletooth headset till date this is the best

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I've since bought the jawbone icon and thoroughly impressed it lasts roughly 4 to 5 hours listening to music and longer when just on for fome calls charges quickly 30 mins to a hour for a full charge.. I'm gonna upgrade and try the jawbone era next

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

Totally agree! These are my first BT headphones and I love them!

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I have been using Bluetooth headphones on and off for the last 4 years. I've had the Sony bt101, Sony bt50, Sony bt22, and the Samsung sbh600. I ordered the Sennheiser mm550 and they are being delivered today. I'm not sure how much info anyone wants, but I'm willing to give any that is requested.

Edit: After playing around with them, they sound great. Build quality is fantastic. The only negative is when you turn them on the noiseguard is automatically turned off, and they sound quite thin this way. It's no big deal, but you have to remember to turn it back on again each time.

Last edited:

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Just as a follow up, I originally paired the mm550's with my Titan, and the one drawback was volume. I had to turn the titan volume up to 26, and the mm550 volume up to almost full for it to be comfortably loud. While this wasn't a concern at the time, I did have my doubts about using these while mowing the lawn. Well, after pairing these with my focus s, I can say the volume problem seems to be more with the Titan. The volume is much higher with the focus s.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Since this seems to be such a hot topic (lol) I thought I would pass on my thoughts about the Dr Dre Beats Wireless, and a comparison with the Sennheiser mm550. Both are high end bluetooth headphone solutions.
The beats wireless sound is classic beats: big, lots of bass and volume. I'm sure the audiophiles out there would prefer the mm550's, but then again an audiophile probably wouldn't have bt headphones to begin with. The mm550's sound a bit clearer, but the beats wireless have more bass, and get louder, a lot louder. I prefer the way the beats wireless sound, but if the mm550's got louder I might feel differently. Something else that is interesting, the connection with the beats wireless seems to be cleaner: no stutter or pop between tracks, which I get occasionally with the mm550's.
The beats wireless are on ear, and the mm550's are over ear. Physically, the beats look like beats. Very stylish. The mm550's are more functional looking. The buttons on the mm550 seem easier to push, but I have had the beats for about 20 minutes, so maybe they'll loosen up. One thing I hate about the mm550 is the lights. There are three lights on the right side that light up every time you change songs, change volume, etc.
If my thoughts change as I use the beats wireless more I'll post them, or if anyone has any questions I'll answer. Here are some comparison pics:

jmerrey-albums3-68.jpg

jmerrey-albums3-69.jpg

jmerrey-albums3-70.jpg

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Another follow up to this wildy popular thread, I ordered the Harman Kardon Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones, they should be delivered sometime today. I'll follow up with some pics and thoughts later today or tomorrow.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
So here are the HK bt headphones:

jmerrey-albums3-213.jpg

I've been listening to them for about an hour, first impressions:

They make a beep each time you do prev/next/pause/play via the control, which was annoying at first, but is nice now. They sound absolutely fantastic, easily the best of the bunch so far. I would say they are similar to the mm550s, but much louder. They feel great on the head; very spacious over the ears. I'm not crazy about the look. They are built very well. Quality plastic and metal. The earpads attach via magnets. The kit comes with a soft case, a usb charger, a standard 3.5" cable, and a larger headpiece for big noggins ;)

So far, I'm completely in love with every aspect of the headphones except for the look. Maybe the large square pads will grow on me. But honestly, I spend very little time looking at myself in the mirror while listening to music, so for now these are keepers.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Since this seems to be such a hot topic (lol) I thought I would pass on my thoughts about the Dr Dre Beats Wireless, and a comparison with the Sennheiser mm550. Both are high end bluetooth headphone solutions.
The beats wireless sound is classic beats: big, lots of bass and volume. I'm sure the audiophiles out there would prefer the mm550's, but then again an audiophile probably wouldn't have bt headphones to begin with. The mm550's sound a bit clearer, but the beats wireless have more bass, and get louder, a lot louder. I prefer the way the beats wireless sound, but if the mm550's got louder I might feel differently. Something else that is interesting, the connection with the beats wireless seems to be cleaner: no stutter or pop between tracks, which I get occasionally with the mm550's.
The beats wireless are on ear, and the mm550's are over ear. Physically, the beats look like beats. Very stylish. The mm550's are more functional looking. The buttons on the mm550 seem easier to push, but I have had the beats for about 20 minutes, so maybe they'll loosen up. One thing I hate about the mm550 is the lights. There are three lights on the right side that light up every time you change songs, change volume, etc.
If my thoughts change as I use the beats wireless more I'll post them, or if anyone has any questions I'll answer. Here are some comparison pics:

Click to view quoted image

Im an audiophile and I have a BT stereo set. They are Plantronics 903+ and they actually sound pretty good for the price. I paid $60 for them at retail. They have a bass boost feature that does a good job of giving the low frequencies a kick in the pants without muddying up the mids or dulling the highs. This is an essential feature as they are in-ear but not noise-cancelling. A bit of extra hiss at higher volume, but again not bad for the price. About 7 hours listening time per charge and they charge in under an hour. I accidentally left them on without music but still paired (not wearing them) for over ten hours. When I checked the battery status it was still "7 hours listen time remaining" so standby time is excellent. Also since they aren't noise-cancelling you can actually hear what's going on around you if you aren't rocking out.

And yeah, I know, since when does an audiophile pay only $60 for ANYTHING music listening-related?! It's good enough for MP3s on my commute, and I have a vastly superior home set-up for when I want to REALLY listen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psyduck