Suddenly Can't purchase apps

landford

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Have had a Lumia 900 for a couple of months, bought dozens of apps. The other day I go to buy and it says it can't. Says to check my accts I do, they seem fine. Still can't purchase. I add a new credit - same can't purchase. Any ideas??

Help!

Tom

Benzme

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Have had a Lumia 900 for a couple of months, bought dozens of apps. The other day I go to buy and it says it can't. Says to check my accts I do, they seem fine. Still can't purchase. I add a new credit - same can't purchase. Any ideas??

Help!

Tom

That happens to me a lot. I click "check account" and it comes up "buy" then I can purchase. Some just add the amount to my phone account, others I have to pay by credit card which I don't like because I'm sure there are other fees when such a small amount goes on the CC.

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
MS Windows Phone support finally admitted there IS an issue with some accounts not being able to purchase.

My phone is in the US now and I still can't purchase.

Three months and counting.

Any luck?

I'm experiencing the same problem.

Six weeks and no resolution from MS WP support.

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Thought I should post the final outcome. WPsupport informed me that the problem was my MSA (Microsoft account) name. I was using an "illegal keyword that was being blocked by the system". Even though, there was no warning/error when I created the account, it worked over 9 months until i switched to WP8 on my L920, and only ended up blocked after 30 days active on WP8.

Obviously, WP8 and the MSA system implemented new rules at some point.

Anyway, the solution was to establish a new account and start over. Been up and running ever since.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar