Is there an alternative app to Photo Beamer?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Is there an alternative app to Photo Beamer

Late last year, MS had a "clever" idea of pulling a number of apps, Photo Beamer being one. Is there an alternative solution or app that allows me to beam or project my phone screen to a PC?

The old app used to allow you use QR codes so people in other rooms, houses, countries even, could look see what you were projecting making it a great way to share photos with friends & family who live far away.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Is there an alternative app to Photo Beamer

Late last year, MS had a "clever" idea of pulling a number of apps, Photo Beamer being one. Is there an alternative solution or app that allows me to beam or project my phone screen to a PC?

The old app used to allow you use QR codes so people in other rooms, houses, countries even, could look see what you were projecting making it a great way to share photos with friends & family who live far away.

if it is just about projecting your screen to the pc, you can use project my screen app for pc.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

ChrisEF

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
I am after an app that allows projection to a TV rather than a PC. The old Beamer app meant you could use your TV web app to navigate to a QR code and also allowed you to email the QR code to someone else who wasn't necessarily in the same location as you.

The basic project to PC monitor isn't a substitute for the old beamer. I guess there isn't an alternative sadly.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I am after an app that allows projection to a TV rather than a PC. The old Beamer app meant you could use your TV web app to navigate to a QR code and also allowed you to email the QR code to someone else who wasn't necessarily in the same location as you.

The basic project to PC monitor isn't a substitute for the old beamer. I guess there isn't an alternative sadly.

check in store again to see if photo beamer is back in the store. Recently, a lot of these apps came back. check under history too

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon