What ever happened to...?

SwamiMacGyver

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
It seems like quite a few games were announced for Xbox Live on WP7 and then never appeared. Anyone know what happened to these? It would be nice to hear whether the games were just delayed or if they've been cancelled. Also, did I miss any that you can remember?

Here's the list of games I remember:
From the WP7 Launch Announcement (seems like many of these might not show up)
Age of Zombies
Armor Valley
Asphalt 5
Bloons TD
Game Chest: Board Games
Game Chest: Card Games
Iquarium
Little Wheel
Loondon
Mini Squadron
Real Soccer 2
Splinter Cell: Conviction

E3 Announcement
Hasta La Muerte
Top Gun
Z0MB1ES

Gamescom Announcement (more recent, so these might actually show up!)
Bug Village
Chickens Can't Fly
Farm Frenzy 2
MUSH
Shoot 1UP
Toy Soldiers Boot Camp
Text Twist 2

Other:
Deal Or No Deal: Vegas Gold
Boulder Dash XL

Last edited:

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
IIRC, all games and apps for WP7 have to be punched in via Silverlight/XNA (in some form), which prevents direct ports of games over from iOS and Android.

Again, this is IIRC.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
- Some of dopes game required Special API access that MS dint offer prior to Mango , and it takes time to then port a game over ( months sometimes )

- MS advertised Games without Developer authorization , (like Angry Bird last year, MS had the game up on the LAUNCH day poster , before Angry birds even confirmed the game was coming !! )

- Some of the DEV might have abandon the project due to Cost , or maybe working on a NEW game. or w/e reason.

- they also said we where gona get * SPLINTER CELL* :(

SwamiMacGyver

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I definitely agree that those are possibilities. It looks like some of the games are going to make it out. I've seen a gamer who had a Londoon achievement, so that might actually make it out. However, there are games that were part of a series (the two Game Chest games listed above, plus two Game Room games), and the series hasn't had any recent games released. That makes me think those games might not make it out. I'd love to see one of the article authors follow up with Microsoft or some of the game companies to see where these projects are.

DarkSynopsis

Sep 13, 2011
Well the achievements for Splinter Cell: Conviction just went up the other day which I imagine that means the game is close to done / done and Toy Soliders: Boot Camp is still coming I believe there was a recent interview with the Devs on this site! I also believe Chickens Can't Fly is still coming since last I spoke to them about a week ago they still had plans to include Avatar Awards though it would be part of a future update after the game comes out.

a box of fish

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site

I have heard that the company behind these games went bust.

Loondon is apparently being bundled in with something due to its short length.

Some of these games sounds fun: Asphalt 5, Iquarium, Armour Valley and others. It would be nice to see release days and some of these have been announced before launch which was a year ago.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
It seems like quite a few games were announced for Xbox Live on WP7 and then never appeared. Anyone know what happened to these? It would be nice to hear whether the games were just delayed or if they've been cancelled. Also, did I miss any that you can remember?

Here's the list of games I remember:
From the WP7 Launch Announcement (seems like many of these might not show up)
Age of Zombies
Armor Valley
Asphalt 5
Bloons TD
Iquarium
Little Wheel
Loondon
Mini Squadron
Real Soccer 2
Splinter Cell: Conviction

E3 Announcement
Hasta La Muerte
Top Gun
Z0MB1ES

Gamescom Announcement (more recent, so these might actually show up!)
Bug Village
Chickens Can't Fly
Farm Frenzy 2
MUSH
Shoot 1UP
Toy Soldiers Boot Camp
Text Twist 2

Other:
Deal Or No Deal: Vegas Gold
Boulder Dash XL

Some of the games you listed are on the marketplace. We have splinter cell and asphalt 5. We have these on the market place too,
Bug Village
Chickens Can't Fly
Farm Frenzy 2
MUSH
Shoot 1UP
Toy Soldiers Boot Camp
Text Twist 2
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Maybe they realised it's pointless to make games for horrendously outdated hardware of WP7. Good for them. We need games properly optimised for the new hardware in WP8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism