is it just me or is the 8x Red showing up orange in some pics?

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
So as you see here, the phone is orange with a redish tinge to it... I like how it looks!
original.jpg

Is this a color that didn't make it to final production or bad lighting or do you think this phone will actually look like this?

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
The colors of the HTC devices seem to change rather drastically depending on the lighting and camera. I remember seeing a picture of the California Blue 8x that looked nearly white. I'm sure that's just the red one there, which I happen to like quite a bit as well.

TheNerdlyKnight

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Vagrantwade is right, the matte finish tends to play tricks with the colors when you take flash photos. That's why a few California Blue photos where the phone looked purple instead of blue.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Vagrantwade is right, the matte finish tends to play tricks with the colors when you take flash photos. That's why a few California Blue photos where the phone looked purple instead of blue.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

Yeah, light can easily mess up colours. I know one photo went up on FB recently which made the red streak in my hair (it's a vibrant red) come up as GINGER, of all colours. I went through the roof when I spotted it, not impressed at all!

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I think that the red version is actually somewhere in between red and orange. For example, this image from HTC's website. I'm guessing it's a render and not affected by camera flashes:

w8_red_small.jpg

Although judging by the picture in the OP it looks like camera flashes do tend to make it look more orange than it is, as others have said.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
California blue has looked purple in every picture I have seen! Why can't anyone make a basic blue phone or navy?

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I typically hate flashy colored phones but for some reason I like all 4 colors of the 8X. I think the only color I've ruled out is the yellow because I'm afraid it'll show dirt and crud too easily.

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I dislike how the phones look. I am reserving judgement until I see them in person. If they did have one in that awesome orange color though I would get that phone in a heartbeat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon