Is Nokia Drive getting upgraded for WP8 phones?

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Drive is really good! I agree it is missing some features on WP that are available on the Symbian platform and i would definitly like to see improvements also on my friends 710 it seems choppy when driving. I need to add that on prototype 920 devices Nokia Drive + was installed so it seems like a better version is coming soon.

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

danferan

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Out of curiosity, what don't you like about it? Is there specific functionality it's missing compared to Google Navigation?

evilrobot

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I've never used it before, but my wife uses it sometimes when I'm driving her to/around the city. The one thing I didn't like was that it doesn't read out the street names like my Tom Tom does. Don't know if there is a setting to make it do that or not though.

trickym81

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I've never used it before, but my wife uses it sometimes when I'm driving her to/around the city. The one thing I didn't like was that it doesn't read out the street names like my Tom Tom does. Don't know if there is a setting to make it do that or not though.
I wish it did that, that would be an excellent feature.

I also wish Nokia Drive, Maps, Transit, City Lens etc. would all be integrated into one program. Is that coming with WP8?

danferan

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I live in Hawaii, so not reading the street names doesn't bother me; everyone not specifically from here mangles the pronunciations. I have to snicker every time I listen to Google Maps reading out the names.

As for integration - not a bad idea. Not a deal breaker or even particularly a negative for me, but I wouldn't mind it all being in one.

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Out of curiosity, what don't you like about it? Is there specific functionality it's missing compared to Google Navigation?

I never tried google. I've tried Telenav, Garmin streetpilot and Navigon.

I mean it's free so I can't complain.

It's not entirely accurate and once it took me to a residential house instead of the business I was searched for.

I put it to the test and it gives me a route different than what I normally would take. It takes me a little out of my way. For example, something that takes 15min would be like 20min on Nokia Drive.

Better interface. I love how Navigon gives you an up close look at the exits when you need to get off the freeway. I would like something really cool. Instead of boring.

Missing lots of options that's pretty standard on other GPS's.

No street names, but the voices are pleasant. My favorite is the female UK voice. The voices on Garmin are very annoying. On Navigon, the accents sound fake, sounds like a bunch of granies and they only have one US voice(female). I like a nice pleasant voice.

Need to add route options. Like fastest route or avoiding certain routes.

Love that it has so many different languages though. Hope they continue to add.

The menu screen and app it'self is a little dull.

Don't get me wrong, It's free. I'm just a huge supporter of Nokia. I want them to kick arse.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes