Sms issues

Papavig

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that when you write out a text message, and say you go back to the main screen before sending it, if you go back to the message thread it does not automatically save it? Is this just me? I've pulled chunks of my hair out after writing a paragraph long message only to exit out of the screen and come back to find it's gone. Please tell me if there is some way to fix this.

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing that to get back to the messaging app you are tapping the messaging tile? Instead of doing that, press and hold the arrow button until a list of your open apps appears, and choose the messaging app from there. It appears that each time you use the tile it loads the app from scratch.

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Instead of hitting the 'back' button, just hit the 'home' button. Doing that will freeze your SMS in place and you can get back to it by holding 'back' until the list of apps comes up, choosing the SMS app that is still open and then all of your typed text will still be there.

Papavig

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
That works, thanks Landsharkk. Although I think that is way to much work complicated for this phone that touts simplicity. I love this phone so far but feel like they have a few things bassakwards on this.

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
That works, thanks Landsharkk. Although I think that is way to much work complicated for this phone that touts simplicity. I love this phone so far but feel like they have a few things bassakwards on this.

You are very welcome. :)

The Home button with WP8 works similarly to the Home button on iPhones. The added bonus is that the WP8 also has a 'back' button. So Home freezes the app while Back exits the app (or holding brings up the frozen app list).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon