OK so here's the fat question: who's decided to return their device?

SteveISU

Sep 26, 2006
Visit site
Well, looks like i'm keeping mine for sure now. AT&T told me that the 14 days starts on the day they ship the phone out, not the day you receive it. Sounds unfair but oh well, im past my 14 day windows.

I'd be fighting them like all **** on that one. You shouldn't lose any of the 14 days in transit. I'd tell them fine, when was it up? I shipped it back the day before.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I'd be fighting them like all **** on that one. You shouldn't lose any of the 14 days in transit. I'd tell them fine, when was it up? I shipped it back the day before.
They can tell when you shipped it, so that argument won't get you anywhere. But I agree. Those days shouldn't count. Especially when they do delivery confirmation on when you receive the phone. It's a really easy thing for them to check. If you really want to take it back, keep all your documentation of when it arrived and tell them you plan to write a letter to the BBB. But honestly, with how much AT&T has done for me in freebies and just general keeping me happy, my feeling is you just got a bad rep. We have all been there. Just try again.

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I went in to ATT to complain that my charger has not even shipped yet and nobody can tell me why, they gave me another 7 days for the buyers remorse period. I asked, what happens when it goes beyond that, he said "they will make it right"

I suggest you guys do the same if you want a longer period of time to decide :)

robstunner

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Here's AT&T's PDF on returns:

Returns
AT&T values our relationship with you and offers a return policy for equipment and services purchased directly from AT&T. This return policy may not reflect the policies of AT&T authorized retailers.
If the phone or device you purchased does not meet your expectations, return it by mail within 14 days from the date the equipment was shipped. Refunds are applied using the original payment method. Any rebate associated with returned equipment is voided.
Equipment received through an insurance claim cannot be returned or exchanged. Equipment warranty rules may apply.
Typically, if you return or exchange a phone that you received through an upgrade within 14 days of the upgrade, you can receive an equipment discount for a replacement phone.
After you return your equipment to AT&T, allow a few days for a credit to post to your account and your equipment discount to be available again. When you initiate an upgrade to replace the returned equipment, the equipment discount appears during online phone and device selection

jridgers

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I want so badly to love WP8 and my Nokia Lumia 928. I like the 4G service and the bigger screen over my slower and smaller iPhone 4.

Reasons why I'm returning to my iPhone 4:
* I know this is going to sound petty, but the lack of one central button in the middle really throws me for a loop. I'm always hitting the search button by mistake (big hands) and hitting the back button endlessly.

* The UI of the OS is very slick but still seems to lack that polished edge that iOS has.

* Email syncing drives me crazy and having to download images each time I open an email.

* I feel like I'm holding a great treasure and I'm afraid I'm going to brake or scratch the thing. My iPhone 4 seems much more durable - I can almost literally throw it around and it keeps going. Not that I would do that mind you, but it is just a feeling I have between the two devices.

* Hardly any accessories, cases, docks, really anything other than a wireless charger.

I had originally gotten the Nokia Lumia 822 in January '13 and ran back to my iPhone 4 a day later. This time it was a week before I ran back. I think the GDR2 update was a great update to the device. Who knows, maybe by GDR4+ I might keep the device even longer (if I try again that is).

I just want to say too that I'm not an iPhone ******. I won't try to sell you on buying an iPhone over the competition. I think for me at the point of life I'm in I feel more comfortable with what I already know than the unknown (who doesn't really). I'll wait until my hand is forced to get a new device so that I don't have the luxury of going back that time.

A bonus - I sold my new Nokia Lumia 928 online for a profit than what I paid (free, on sale). Even after the upgrade fee, I still have some extra money in my pocket.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon