820 Cracked Screen #fail

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Those screenshots aren't the 820 are they? They look more like the 920.
Now that you mention it, yes the corners are angular unlike the 820. :). It may even be the 900?

I would still like to know how it happened.

Sent from my Lumia 820 using Board Express

ToMTOm775

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Oh - thats not good.
For me the screen vulnerability is an issue.. so when it comes back from being fixed its going on Ebay...

Due to be delivered back today... if anyone wants to buy an 820 with a new screen! Make me an offer!! ('scrap' value from online phone recycling co's is ?185) ;)
The iPhone5 is in the post...

BuggyBrain

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Due to be delivered back today... if anyone wants to buy an 820 with a new screen! Make me an offer!! ('scrap' value from online phone recycling co's is ?185) ;)
The iPhone5 is in the post...

Can you get the damaged glass and post a video like one for Gorilla glass... Lets see how scratch resistant it really is :)....

gazzaMARTIN1

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Iv had two weeks with the 820. The screen also broke in my pocket (including the touch function) with ZERO bangs, drops etc. Been pulling my hair out with nokia care and getting nowhere, terrible customer service after 15 years loyalty. Iv always used nokias but this experience has put me off them for life. Only two years to go on my contract. Brilliant. This phone is a joke when it comes to durability. Shame because the performance otherwise is brilliant.

jenjen007

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Just had the same problem with a cracked screen on Nokia lumia 820..only had it 5 days...pulled it from my bag this morning and it had cracked screen. Hadn't dropped it knocked it or anything...totally rubbish!!!!

wolfgang keth

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
THE IMPACT :
My Phone a fall from 1 feet and the impact was taken by the upper right corner , beginning there was no problem. After about 2 hours i notice the screen had turned black around the upper right corner . The darkening gradually encroached the whole screen in matter of a few hours. At first the screen turned blue then started becoming fade . I could use the touch screen even after the fall so i guess the digitizer was normal .

Today i took to the retailer (nokia care center) i had bought the phone from .The person there was really friendly and help me with concern as my phone was not even a month old . So this afternoon i dropped the phone screen replacement at 2 pm and he told me he ll deliver it today evening by 7 pm .Nokia is just charging me in around $80 (rs 4500) for the screen as well as labor. Would post back once i get the phone back.

Pusaha Usaha

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
My brother placed his 820 on his bed, and it somehow fell on the carpet next to his bed. Guess what..It broke!! That's less than 50 cm's height (landing on a carpet)!! Having to pay for the repair kind of got me registered here. The Nokia shop said that it the replacing the screen would be around $135. Hopefully, they'll get it done by tomorrow. (Broke some 12 hours ago)..hmmm....

livemusic4life

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
my phone dropped less than 6 inches on to carpet, will in a protective cover, (i went to put it down, and it slipped out of my hand) and the screen cracked at the buttons on the bottom of the screen. Huge bloody crack, with shards of glass that cut my finger, buttons don't work so phone is useless. I've had the phone a week. It has to be faulty! I've tried the same fall with a glass from the kitchen cupboard and it didn't even mark the glass. Do not buy this phone!

wolfgang keth

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
The edges are real delicate in the phone , a small impact onto the four corners can cause crack in the screen . Moreover my retailer told me not to keep the phone in the back pocket like the wallets , because he has got phone with screen damages coz of that .

oldbloke

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Same here, my wife had her nokia lumia 820 for just 3 days & cannot even remember dropping or knocking it. It has not even left the house. It has a cracked screen in the upper corner and will not operate at all. Looks like I'm up for a new mobile. Tried to down load a windows upgrade and it just stopped operating. Then we noticed the small crack. Grrrrr. Don't buy nokia 820's

:cry::cry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Dropped mine several times with no issues. It would be nice if people followed up rather than one post and never showing up again.

Tonchi91

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I am very satisified with 820. When I put screen protector on it I was trying to remove air bubbles from it very wildly (I was filling like Bob Sapp in that moment). No single scratch or crack on the screen. I always place my 820 into my pocket of the pants and no scratch or crack (I also care my phone in the pocket of the pants when I am driving a bike). So for me, screen on Lumia 820 is very good. I am not that crazy to drop it on the floor. I am always watching what am I doing with the phone because it's not something that cost 5$ that I would not care about it.

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Dropped mine several times with no issues. It would be nice if people followed up rather than one post and never showing up again.

there could be some kind of a connection... The members, who had the phones with extreme bad build quality, seem to be the ones who have posted only once... could be a coincidence, of course... but who knows ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes