How I got the Lumia 920 with TWO charging Plates FREE (on contract)

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I just wanted to share my wonderfully positive experience with AT&T phones reps as well as the MS store. For those who have read my other posts and threads, you know that I had some issues and frustrations early on, but I feel I have been more than equally compensated. I won't focus on any of the negatives here, just say how I ended up getting the phone for free (actually ended up getting PAID $25... Awesome!

I will make a longer story shorter, MS store had some issues accessing my account. If interested, read here about the whole issue. Anyway, I got a $25 voucher for taking the WP challenge (anyone can do this at the kiosks front and center of the MS store). I was also given $50 for my troubles detailed in the link above. I mentioned the charger, which they said they were price matching but were out. But since I dealt with "so much", they price matched the standing dock ($69 value) for free. I went ahead on added the $100 2 year protection (MS Assure) on the phone, which is also detailed a little more in the link above. I honestly felt like I robbed the place, but there is more!

I read online that AT&T Black Friday had the phone for $50. I live in MA, so not on the list of states that offer the deal, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. I logged in online chat, and after about ten minutes of the rep looking into the deal he credited my account $50! I am +$25 on the phone now... but there is still more!

I went back in the MS store today (Getting the wifey her xmas gift... HELLO surface) and was talking to some of the guys. They are eagerly waiting on their Lumia 920's with concessions pricing direct from AT&T. He asked me if I had contacted AT&T about the free charger. I reminded him that they were generous in price matching the more expensive dock for me since they didn't have the one that is supposed to come free in stock. He told me the store flat out ate the cost of that to keep me happy. AT&T should still honor the free charger. SAY WHAT?!?!!?

A quick call to AT&T, and the rep said he could honor the deal, but would need to charge my credit card and credit my account to be applied towards next month's bill. I expected to be told that I had to buy the phone from AT&T. I didn't even have to argue. He just looked up their deals and matched it for me no problem. The charger came out to be $52.06 after taxes, and I was credited the exact amount instantly. He text me as well as emailed me my order number.

So now I am sitting on a free Nokia Lumia 920, and extra $25 to go spend on whatever, a wireless NFC charging dock in hand, as well as a wireless (standard) dock being shipped to my house. Did I say I felt like I robbed the place before? Man, I feel like I robbed the place AGAIN.

So for all of you who are having trouble getting reps to honor various deals we are seeing here on wpcentral, keep trying. But be polite, even if they are not polite with you. I was lucky, I had no issues with the reps over the phone, but I would like to think my politeness at the MS store helped my situation tremendously. All in all I spent maybe three hours aquiring the phone (two of them just sitting in the MS store) but I feel like I was very fairly compensated.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
That's amazing.

I was always polite with the reps I spoke to because I felt that the problems AT&T had were due to inefficient policies, procedures, and systems internally. Not necessarily bad CSRs.

I got some discounts, but nothing like you did. It's like... you robbed them. lol

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I actually have a second one coming because I replaced my first 920 at the store and when he rang up the replacement he added the charge plate again. Hey I'll take it.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Nice deals guys. Its always nice to see a company willing to acknowledge that your time is money too.

My wife works retail customer service and is always more willing to give stuff away when people are polite and patient.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2