wish images in text messages did this...

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I have a 2 1/2 year old son and while I am at work, she sends me a ton of pictures of him every day. Before, with my iphone, if she sent me multiple pictures, I could open up one picture and then just scroll back or forth through all other recent images she sent without having to close each picture to open up the text message to open another picture.

with the 920, I have to open each picture, close it, open up another picture, close it...etc.

Not a huge deal at all (this is to prevent those people from coming in here and saying "well, christ man, just go the F back to your iphone if it worked so damn well"), but just a feature I was used to having with my last phone that I find myself wishing the lumia/windows phone 8 had.

/end

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
My wife and I have a 2 1/2 year old son and while I am at work, she sends me a ton of pictures of him every day. Before, with my iphone, if she sent me multiple pictures, I could open up one picture and then just scroll back or forth through all other recent images she sent without having to close each picture to open up the text message to open another picture.

with the 920, I have to open each picture, close it, open up another picture, close it...etc.

Not a huge deal at all (this is to prevent those people from coming in here and saying "well, christ man, just go the F back to your iphone if it worked so damn well"), but just a feature I was used to having with my last phone that I find myself wishing the lumia/windows phone 8 had.

/end
I also enjoyed this in my iP4 and would welcome it in my 920. I actually tried it a few days ago just to see if the feature was there.

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Maybe you guys can share a Skydrive folder?

If you wife also has a smartphone, she could upload the pics there. Then you can swipe through them in your gallery or Skydrive app.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

If you wife also has a smartphone, she could upload the pics there. Then you can swipe through them in your gallery or Skydrive app.

That is true, but I like the simplicity of just having the images right there in the text messages, along with the comments she writes with each picture

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

Is she also using WP8? Maybe try out the family room, see if that has what you need...
The nice thing about the way it is done in iOS, is it does it from any sender, not just ones I have a shared folder with, not just the ones who are on a specific platform, not just iMessages, but any picture message. You can scroll through any picture that was sent as part of that thread once you have tapped just one of them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon