Flash and Focus assist.

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm loving this phone, but I have a problem and want to know if anyone else has this happening. I cannot seem to get the flash or focus assist to work. They worked initially, but now nothing. I'm coming up on my 14 days to return the phone and exchange it for another 920. But I think this problem could likely be fixed with and update from Nokia.

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know of a flashlight app that works on the 920? I'm curious if the flash will light up through a flashlight app. If it can't the phone goes back tomorrow. If it can, I don't know what to do.

Caikems

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm the Flashlight-X app being best. There were 2 or 3 others that just put a plain white BG on your phone -.- Flashlight-X is a true LED flashlight app

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Tried Flashlight-x and several other app. Most crash back to the home screen or give an error. Flashlight x is the only one that seemed to function but my flash never came on. :( this problem started when I turned off the focus assist, which is why I think my problem could be a bug and fixxed. I'm getting ready to try a full reset. Hope it works.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Tried Flashlight-x and several other app. Most crash back to the home screen or give an error. Flashlight x is the only one that seemed to function but my flash never came on. :( this problem started when I turned off the focus assist, which is why I think my problem could be a bug and fixxed. I'm getting ready to try a full reset. Hope it works.

Ouch I hope the reset works it sounds like you may have a faulty flash part. Please let us know as soon as you are back up and running! Like I said the app worked fine for me so it works under Windows 8 and it sure as heck uses the LED's

I tried emulating what you said you did which was turning off the focus assist but everything worked normally for me including the flashlight app.

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
No go on the resets, tried twice. Once with out using the backup restore and once with. Guess I am going to the store tomorrow afternoon. Sure hope they have red in stock.

filmboy6x6

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Same Problem. I want to try to hard reset but I went through a nightmare to get the xbox music pass to work. Not sure if it is worth the hard reset. I'm post 14 day. I have insurance so I'm not sure if something like that would be covered.

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
It should cover it since it is a manufacturers defect, at least that's what I'm thinking my problem is. I've never dropped my phone, or shook it violently. I have only had the phone 8 days and the flash problem started 3 days ago. I'm kinda bummed about it.

Shauren

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920 and Flashlight X works fine for me. It's bright as the phone got dual LEDs. Sounds like you have a problem with the LEDs on your phone.

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Took phone back to store for an exchange. Was told they would call me as soon as a red replacement came in as they had none currently available. Walked out of store and started up the truck. UPS pulls up beside me and carries a big box with Nokia stamped on the side. Got my call ten minutes later. Now I have a new phone, same color(red). And the flash works!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes