Screen died

mskenny

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
When I first got back from the store with my new Nokia Lumia 920, I had it charging then unplugged it to use it. The screen went blank and wouldn't come on; pushing any button did nothing. I left it for a bit to see if it would come back and when I received a call it started working. Tonight I was charging it in the car on the way home, used it for a bit in the parking lot at the grocery store, then unplugged it and went into the store. I tried to turn it on again to scan something and it wouldn't come on. I pushed the camera button and it took a picture so I could tell it was functioning. I was able to make a call through my car's Bluetooth but still no screen. When I got home I tried calling the phone from my home phone and it rang but still no response from the screen or buttons. After I left it for a bit it started the NPR News app and started playing the station I was playing many hours before.

I called AT&T and the rep had me hold down the power and volume down buttons to reset it. It got stuck in a loop so I had to do it again but it's back now. The rep assured me that this is normal, but I thought I'd post here in case there's some issue. I'm loving the Lumia 920 so far (especially compared to the dreadful Droid 2 I had before this.)

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
My phone did this a couple times in my first few days of ownership but the problem has not persisted. Power cycling the phone fixed it both times.

Caikems

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
This happened to me once as well. A reboot fixed it for me too. (hold volume down and power button until phone vibrates).
Hasn't occurred since.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes