No HTC 8x drop test?

VDubb22

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry that happened to you as well. I have a case on it now after realizing how delicate this phone is, which sucks since it covers the blue body.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I would recommend getting a clear gel case or something like that then if she likes the colours. Of course, I do recommend the 822. But yeah, everyone seems to think it has to be apps apps apps. Instead, gauge her usage and show her how simple it is on Windows Phone.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeh gorilla glass means nothing!

I will say though, my Zune HD has lasted many drops and its never received any nicks or cracks in the screen! Does anybody know what kind of glass that used?

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
If she's not in love with Windows Phone, she should check out an Android phone. It's like iOS, but with way more animations and way more responsiveness.

I would steer a first-time user AWAY from Android. Crashes, freezes, lag, and malware are all near-daily certainties with Android for a new user.

unit_three

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
So happy my clear S-Line cover came in today after seeing that shattered screen.

I wish it was more clear, but I didn't want to risk getting the blue cover and not have it match the blue on the phone.

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Quick update, I sent her a decent amount of info on the iphone5 and 822. After ready the reviews I sent with my own pros and cons list she said she wanted the 822.
While on the phone with her she strolled into a Verizon store and bought the 822! It's only been a couple of hours but she said she loves it.

3ibs

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
So happy my clear S-Line cover came in today after seeing that shattered screen.

I wish it was more clear, but I didn't want to risk getting the blue cover and not have it match the blue on the phone.

I have 2 on their way so I'll post back with pictures.

3ibs

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Quick update, I sent her a decent amount of info on the iphone5 and 822. After ready the reviews I sent with my own pros and cons list she said she wanted the 822.
While on the phone with her she strolled into a Verizon store and bought the 822! It's only been a couple of hours but she said she loves it.

I can really see why she would. I'm not new to smartphones but I find WP8 very refreshing and love the way everything works! The 8X is my first Windows Phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital