Are there still SIM errors

rpb1969

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Since WP8 update without firmware update there were 3 SIM errors and 3 reboots on my 8x. Hope to get the firmware update asap. I am the only one with this issue?

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Got first one Friday night. Second sat morning, and the last one yesterday afternoon vzw and winphonesupport wanted me to pull the SIM and reseat. Did that last night so lets see how long it takes to do it again. The latest yesterday happened while it had been sitting there on my desk for bout an hour. So its not like it got jarred or something.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Yep. Got first one Friday night. Second sat morning, and the last one yesterday afternoon vzw and winphonesupport wanted me to pull the SIM and reseat. Did that last night so lets see how long it takes to do it again. The latest yesterday happened while it had been sitting there on my desk for bout an hour. So its not like it got jarred or something.

This thread is about the new Software Update and Firmware Update fixing these problems. You stated you have Verizon, so you have neither of these updates yet.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This thread is about the new Software Update and Firmware Update fixing these problems. You stated you have Verizon, so you have neither of these updates yet.

Mr IT wizkid here thinks its all to do with software. Ignore his arrogance for a second hes only 21.
Heres a tip that stopped my Sim errors 4 days before the portico updates and i was getting sim errors on an hourly basis.
Remove the sim tray.
Give the sim card a wipe with a microfibre cloth.
Blow into the Sim tray slot.
Re-insert the sim and turn the phone back on again.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Mr IT wizkid here thinks its all to do with software. Ignore his arrogance for a second hes only 21.
Heres a tip that stopped my Sim errors 4 days before the portico updates and i was getting sim errors on an hourly basis.
Remove the sim tray.
Give the sim card a wipe with a microfibre cloth.
Blow into the Sim tray slot.
Re-insert the sim and turn the phone back on again.

How am I arrogant for informing someone of a misunderstanding?

The original poster is asking if people are still having problems after the software update, or if the firmware update is needed to fix this.
The second poster replied saying he is still having problems, but his phone has not yet been updated.... so of course he is still having them.

I was simply informing him that his phone has not yet been updated since he in on Verizon.

If you want to talk about arrogance, why don't you mention how this 21 year old kept trying to inform you that a software update would fix your problem. And how you kept arguing with him saying that it was not a software error and that it was fault hardware for which HTC was to blame.

Don't forget to mention that your faulty phone was fixed via the software/firmware update and you are no longer having problems. Why can't you just admit that you were wrong and that this 21 year old was right?

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Robert

Its the way your response came across. Its arrogant. A couple of extra words here or there and your response comes across slightly less like your telling the guy hes blatantly wrong. For all you know he could have had the update, its a staggered rollout so all devices will get them at different times.

My response is a simple fix thats been proven to work, someone else in the forum suggested it, I tried it and it works, others have tried it and it works. It has nothing at all to do with software.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Robert

Its the way your response came across. Its arrogant. A couple of extra words here or there and your response comes across slightly less like your telling the guy hes blatantly wrong. For all you know he could have had the update, its a staggered rollout so all devices will get them at different times.

My response is a simple fix thats been proven to work, someone else in the forum suggested it, I tried it and it works, others have tried it and it works. It has nothing at all to do with software.

I cannot control how you interpret things.

Anyways, your response to the thread didn't even answer the poster's question. You neglected to state that your phone was having SIM problems and that the update fixed those problems. You were too worried about what I said....

He wants to know if the software updates fixed the problems so that he knows if they should have fixed his problems too.

Also, it's not a staggered rollout in the way you're understanding it. What's staggered about it is the carriers. If one person with a Verizon HTX 8X gets the update, then anyone with a Verizon HTC 8X who checks for updates will receive it too. Just trying to help you understand that a little better. Hopefully you don't think I'm being arrogant with that too....

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I cannot control how you interpret things.

Anyways, your response to the thread didn't even answer the poster's question. You neglected to state that your phone was having SIM problems and that the update fixed those problems. You were too worried about what I said....

He wants to know if the software updates fixed the problems so that he knows if they should have fixed his problems too.

Also, it's not a staggered rollout in the way you're understanding it. What's staggered about it is the carriers. If one person with a Verizon HTX 8X gets the update, then anyone with a Verizon HTC 8X who checks for updates will receive it too. Just trying to help you understand that a little better. Hopefully you don't think I'm being arrogant with that too....

Sorry - did you actually read what I wrote? Its quite clear that I said my tip stopped my Sim errors 4 days before the portico updates and i was getting sim errors on an hourly basis. Im trying to point out that the sim errors may have nothing to do with the software updates.

And your wrong on the staggering im afraid I got my portico update on O2 last Friday. My friend also with an 8X on O2 got his yesterday. It didnt show up unitl yesterday either even with him checking for the updates on a regular basis since Friday when i told him i had mine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes