Secret to Get Internet Sharing to Work

djncanada1

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I think I have stumbled into a secret to get internet sharing to work.

This is of course for those with Rogers unlocked Lumia 920's with Telus.

I have a Telus account, however, also have a TMobile prepaid account.

On Saturday I had the TMobile SIM card in the Lumia 920. On Sunday, I installed my Telus SIM Card and the internet sharing worked.

When I switched between Telus SIM cards (I also have Galaxy sIII with it's own SIM card), I lost the internet sharing while changing SIM's via Telus web site.

Tonight, just for laughs and giggles, I installed TMobile SIM, turned Lumia off and installed Telus SIM and the internet sharing fired up and seems stable.

Is it possible the TMobile SIM tricks the Lumia 920 into activating internet sharing?

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I think I have stumbled into a secret to get internet sharing to work.

I have a Telus account, however, also have a TMobile prepaid account.

On Saturday I had the TMobile SIM card in the Lumia 920. On Sunday, I installed my Telus SIM Card and the internet sharing worked.

When I switched between Telus SIM cards (I also have Galaxy sIII with it's own SIM card), I lost the internet sharing while changing SIM's via Telus web site.

Tonight, just for laughs and giggles, I installed TMobile SIM, turned Lumia off and installed Telus SIM and the internet sharing fired up and seems stable.

Is it possible the TMobile SIM tricks the Lumia 920 into activating internet sharing?

Not sure what happened, but simply adding another SIM does not trick the L920 into activating internet sharing.
It should be part of the flashed ROM that causes that.

Should it stop working, you can use the steps here:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...rnet-tethering-working-steps.html#post1822216

No fussing around with APN settings.
But you apparently are lucky? :)

djncanada1

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the "Access Point" app, if it works, it would be simple compared to swapping SIM's.

I am not sure what happened, I find it weird that the internet sharing works after installing TMobile SIM.

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99