HTC bring more exclusive apps for our phones!!!!!

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
This post is just my opinion but I would like to know if you agree with me and as well which type of exclusive app we could have. Right now Nokia is on fire with all their apps, and also Samsung has more apps then HTC.

We have 6 right now and in my opinion some of them are not even worth it to download like:
- Flashlight (already enough apps for that)
- Photo Enhancer (again already enough apps for that and also with a lot more options)
- Converter (again...again....a lots of apps already does with a better WP interface)
- Make more space (c'mon....We have Phone Storage in our settings, so we know how much space is being used by what and how much left we have...also see the comment in the store made by Josh... ;))

I think that HTC should work better on more exclusive apps like:
- HTC Locations (it is suppose to be out soon....I would think that they would of already created the WP8 version as the phone came out...and hopefully they will integrate it with the "Drive - use an app" feature)
- HTC burst shot (the one that does exist on the Android version)
- HTC Panorama pictures (Again it was made for the HTC Titan if I'm not mistaken)
- HTC Photo Enhancer (But with a lot more of options and tweaks!!!)
- HTC Shooting video and picture (Taking a picture while shooting a video....That would be great option)
- HTC Sound Enhancer (Bring it back please and merge it with BeatsAudio...since while listening to music via bluetooth in the car...missing some nice sound features)
- More options in the camera like:(Macro option...)

So far that's what I have....Let me know what do you think and if possible add some ideas as well! Maybe at one point I could send those requests to HTC and maybe.....maybe.....we never know but they could implement some of those in futures releases!!!!!

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I think that HTC should work better on more exclusive apps like:
- HTC Locations (it is suppose to be out soon....I would think that they would of already created the WP8 version as the phone came out...and hopefully they will integrate it with the "Drive - use an app" feature)
- HTC burst shot (the one that does exist on the Android version)
- HTC Panorama pictures (Again it was made for the HTC Titan if I'm not mistaken)
- HTC Photo Enhancer (But with a lot more of options and tweaks!!!)
- HTC Shooting video and picture (Taking a picture while shooting a video....That would be great option)
- HTC Sound Enhancer (Bring it back please and merge it with BeatsAudio...since while listening to music via bluetooth in the car...missing some nice sound features)
- More options in the camera like:(Macro option...)

So far that's what I have....Let me know what do you think and if possible add some ideas as well! Maybe at one point I could send those requests to HTC and maybe.....maybe.....we never know but they could implement some of those in futures releases!!!!!

unless there is full integration with the built in bing maps, i don't want to be using other mapping software

burst shot should be a feature of the OS

there are already a lot of great photo enhancing apps out

picture from video should be a feature of the OS

sound enhancement (i'm assuming you mean a fully customizable EQ) would be a great edition as long as it is fully integrated and we do not have to play audio through some propriety player.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I think your suggestions are great. Im also very displeased with HTC's effort. Seems like they have to support Wp8 a lot more than wp7 because their losing so much market share now and they need to keep who they have and possible gain others through wp8. But the apps they do have are solid enough and they are by HTC so I would rather have those the apps HTC has now than someone elses.

IainWhite

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
While I would also love to see more HTC content, we can't forget HTC is a hardware company, not a software company.
Nokia has a lot more vested in the WP8 platform than HTC / Samsung / etc. and Microsoft has made a lot of development resources available to Nokia as part of their partnership.
HTC is a relatively small fish in the mobile world...and only a small amount of their budget would be available for software development (which then has to be divvied up to android and windows)

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't like "exclusive apps." The whole idea hurts the ecosystem.

Just make me a great handset and let me download what I want from the Store, and I'm a happy camper.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
While I would also love to see more HTC content, we can't forget HTC is a hardware company, not a software company.
Nokia has a lot more vested in the WP8 platform than HTC / Samsung / etc. and Microsoft has made a lot of development resources available to Nokia as part of their partnership.
HTC is a relatively small fish in the mobile world...and only a small amount of their budget would be available for software development (which then has to be divvied up to android and windows)
I do agree with you but most of the features I've written they all exist or they did exist before like sound enhancer, panorama pictures, taking a picture while shooting a video...etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon