HELP! Editing original while forwarding e-mails.

Shivang Sehgal

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey! Here's the issue,

Using the Lumia 920, When I forward an e-mail, i'd like to EDIT the ORIGINAL text in the e-mail before sending it.

Making it clear (Idiot proof version)
* I receive an e-mail with 10 items to buy
* I wanna forward it to a friend who is helping me (he buys 5, I buy 5)
SO.... I wanna delete 5 items (which I am buying) from the E-Mail (i.e. Original Text) while forwarding it to him
WHICH I CANNOT SEEM TO DO....

I only get a COPY PASTE option when I touch the original e-mail text. No Keyboard pops up, for me to delete / add text..

I tried looking this up, but could not find any solution...

P.S. This Does happen on my other phones. iPhone 4S & a Cheap Android Samsung! WHY NOT THE LUMIA??

And I think there is a better solution than a DUMB... Copy paste the entire thing, etc.

So.... Am I being stupid and missing out on something here, or is this by design???

H E L P! :unhappysweat:

Shivang Sehgal

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Peachy.... are you the only one besides me who requires to do this???

Cmon... EXPERTS! USERS! This thread needs to be "SOLVED" or state: "WARNING! NOKIA Fu**** UP! THREAD CLOSED"

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Peachy.... are you the only one besides me who requires to do this???

Cmon... EXPERTS! USERS! This thread needs to be "SOLVED" or state: "WARNING! NOKIA Fu**** UP! THREAD CLOSED"

To be fair, it's not Nokia's fault because Microsoft are responsible for Windows Phone OS. And no, it's not possible to edit the forwarded email

Travis Cherry

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
One option would be to copy and then paste from the email into a new email.

If it is a re-occurring email that you utilize a lot, you might consider creating an "email template" with the "email templates" app.

bens770

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

You are not alone, I also require this... hoping that microsoft will take this in consideration one day and change the way it works!

dermotw

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes, me too, this is one of the annoying and imho silly "features" of WP8. Lets hope MS fixes these sort of designed-in-errors.

-D

Aar Dee

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I Bought nokia lumia 1520 2 days back and I'm wallowing in regret, in tears for shelling out a hefty bundle of my hard earned money on this under featured slab of a phone:
1) Not being able to edit text before forwarding a mail is such a big limitation that it has crippled me- i forward upto 20 profiles in a day and i MUST choose n select what should go further and what info to withhold, its imperative to my business. I'm being forced to go back to my cheap local android fone that is 1/5th price of this expensive show piece.
2) All my music is scattered over in the music + videos bin, as opposed being neatly bundled in various folders as it was in my android. My karaoke tracks and listening pleasure tracks are all mashed up together and i dont know how to scroll down a 1000 tracks, such a waste of time.
3) I cannot transfer my full folder of books in its entirety. Each book/ document has to be transferred using a PC and now they r all jostling for space together without any appropriate headers.
Really im in agony- only if they were paying attention to features that THEY themselves cannot do without, the buyers would've got a better device.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I Bought nokia lumia 1520 2 days back and I'm wallowing in regret, in tears for shelling out a hefty bundle of my hard earned money on this under featured slab of a phone:
1) Not being able to edit text before forwarding a mail is such a big limitation that it has crippled me- i forward upto 20 profiles in a day and i MUST choose n select what should go further and what info to withhold, its imperative to my business. I'm being forced to go back to my cheap local android fone that is 1/5th price of this expensive show piece.
2) All my music is scattered over in the music + videos bin, as opposed being neatly bundled in various folders as it was in my android. My karaoke tracks and listening pleasure tracks are all mashed up together and i dont know how to scroll down a 1000 tracks, such a waste of time.
3) I cannot transfer my full folder of books in its entirety. Each book/ document has to be transferred using a PC and now they r all jostling for space together without any appropriate headers.
Really im in agony- only if they were paying attention to features that THEY themselves cannot do without, the buyers would've got a better device.

This is a classic case of the end user doing zero research before handing over a large sum of money.
If you were to buy a car you would expect to have a test drive before committing to a purchase, so why did you not do the same before buying this phone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes