AT&T Free Wireless Charging Plate

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I saw some similar posts to this but they were a couple of months old. I was told I'd get my charging plate. After not receiving it for about two weeks I called and they said I'd be getting an email within days with a confirmation that it's been shipped. It's been almost a month and nothing.

I called AT&T yesterday and they said that some people who ordered them back in November have still not received them.

It's hard to believe that I'll get one at this point. I can just imagine calling them in 3 months and hearing the "No, we can't find that this promotion was available".

Anyone have a similar issue or did anyone end up actually receiving one? If so, how long did it take? Thank you!

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I didn't get one with my original Online Order and I went to the local store and they looked it up then ordered me one and I received it back in Jan.

my roommate just purchased his 920 last week and the store had them in stock so we got one that day. Keep calling until it's resolved.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I purchased 920 at launch and didn't get my charger until mid Jan. I believe they get small batch and send out. You may be upgrading to your next phone before it arrives.

Vavali

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, just wanted to know if anyone could answer this for me since it's somewhat related:

I just bought my 920 from Amazon for $49 and will receive it tomorrow, but it didn't say anything about the free wireless charger. I assume that it's probably an exclusive AT&T deal for both online and the store, but I heard that all 920 buyers would get it.

Has anyone who got a 920 outside of AT&T directly been able to receive it? If so, how? Should I just call AT&T and ask for one, or go to a store and ask for one there? I'm sure I'm not alone in this but couldn't seem to find an answer...

Thanks! :)

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
They wouldn't give me a plate because I bought my 920 outright and it wasn't an upgrade. I had the 900 but because I wasn't due for my contract upgrade, they wouldn't give me one.

Vavali

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
They wouldn't give me a plate because I bought my 920 outright and it wasn't an upgrade. I had the 900 but because I wasn't due for my contract upgrade, they wouldn't give me one.
That sucks. But I think I remember reading that it was free for users who got a 2-year contract (so I assume you would have gotten it if you contract upgraded), and I am a new user entirely so I assume I should qualify for the free wireless charger.

Maybe I'll call AT&T today and see what they tell me. I don't think Amazon has any control over this, in my case.

elyodeel

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I bought my 920 in mid December and had my charging plate within a week. They didn't send me any emails or anything saying it was shipped. It just showed up one day.

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

bought two 920s outright. received two charging plates via ups two weeks later. as i recall, the placard on the display said (caps mine.) WITH PURCHASE. no designation as to what type of purchase.

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, just wanted to know if anyone could answer this for me since it's somewhat related:

I just bought my 920 from Amazon for $49 and will receive it tomorrow, but it didn't say anything about the free wireless charger. I assume that it's probably an exclusive AT&T deal for both online and the store, but I heard that all 920 buyers would get it.

Has anyone who got a 920 outside of AT&T directly been able to receive it? If so, how? Should I just call AT&T and ask for one, or go to a store and ask for one there? I'm sure I'm not alone in this but couldn't seem to find an answer...

Thanks! :)

The deal was supposed to be purchased at AT&T stores or att.com and for upgrades only. Some folks did get the chargers just by asking but that was not the official promo

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Well, I guess I'll just continue to wait. I must say, and not to go on a negative rant, I have seen a SERIOUS decline in the customer service I've experienced with AT&T lately - specifically in the past 4-5 months. I was always one of those "I don't understand why people hate AT&T" people but now I completely understand.

Vavali

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
The deal was supposed to be purchased at AT&T stores or att.com and for upgrades only. Some folks did get the chargers just by asking but that was not the official promo
Ah, I see. I'll try to call them now that I just got my phone and see if I can get one anyway. Thanks for the info!

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Well, I guess I'll just continue to wait. I must say, and not to go on a negative rant, I have seen a SERIOUS decline in the customer service I've experienced with AT&T lately - specifically in the past 4-5 months. I was always one of those "I don't understand why people hate AT&T" people but now I completely understand.

+1

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I didn't get one with my first 920, but when I ordered a cyan through Best Buy Mobile, the (incredibly inexperienced) sales rep said I would get one. Naturally, I didn't, so a month later I spoke with the manager and he pulled some strings. The wireless charging plate that I got was already out of the box, but it was still free!

Vavali

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I got done talking with a AT&T chat person and asked her if I'd be able to get one, since I bought my Lumia 920 through Amazon Wireless, and she said that only people who got the phone online through ATT.com or through the AT&T store would get one, and I wouldn't.

I guess it's okay though. I only paid $49 for my phone anyway, so even if I buy one, it'll be as if I got it from AT&T for $99.

mattcald

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I got my 920 in January, and got my wireless charger there at the store free. Picked up my wife's 920 today, and got her charger today at the store, free as well.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I got my 920 in January, and got my wireless charger there at the store free. Picked up my wife's 920 today, and got her charger today at the store, free as well.

Wow! Lucky. I'm surprised that they are still running that promotion. Was it a corporate store or an authorized retailer?

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I, personally, purchased mine over the phone through AT&T. I also paid $99 plus an "upgrade fee" plus an "activation fee" plus a "redundancy fee" plus a "hit you three times where it hurts fee" followed by a "we will disconnect your data and texting capabilities when we activate your phone" fee. HAHA! Oh well...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes