Noob quesion... Advice please on bricked phone...

Choco_Lab

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, first post. Been reading here for a while as I've been stalking a 920 for a many weeks now. Great board.

So I finally got a 920 off the bay and it comes to me bricked. Soft reset, hard reset, nothing works. Seems to have the problem I've read about where it sticks on the "Nokia" screen and won't take much of a charge... It feels hot when hooked up to the (corded) charger and even after over an hour on the charger it quickly loses all power when disconnected.

Anyway, the seller claims it was working great when she sent it. I doubt that, obviously. But I called Nokia and they said they would process a warranty return from me since I have the original box with IMEI and all accessories.

What would you guys recommend I do? Send it back and get a new (refurb) one, insist on my money back from the seller, or try to flash it myself via the procedure I've seen on here ? (I've never flashed a phone before and would hate to do anything to void the warranty...)

Just looking for opinions as I'm not quite sure how to proceed. I've bought hundreds of things off ebay but never had this happen before. Thanks.

Choco_Lab

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Ha, thanks, yes, already had that thread bookmarked from last night when I was reading up on this... :)

I'm almost tempted to return it to Nokia -- I'm only about 90 miles from their Ft Worth location so maybe it wouldn't take too long to get one back -- but I'm wondering if I'd get a full refurb or if they'd just flash it like in that thread.

Is the flashing pretty much always successful if you don't install the wrong files?

Choco_Lab

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your help. Didn't realize they might simply flash it the same way I can with this info... In that case maybe I should just do that.

Though I have to admit, if I thought they'd send me a more cleaned-up "newish" refurb, I'd almost be tempted just to send it to them and start fresh.

I dunno, I guess I'd just hate to somehow ruin this phone and be left with nothing and all the money down the drain. (I'm assuming they would be able to tell that I flashed it.)

Any other opinions out there?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon